Httphandler fires twice

richi

Hello

I have an HTTPHandler which retrieves a dataset from SQL Server and converts
it to XML. This is then used as the commandtext for an OWC 11 pivot table
like this.

document.frmSpendPivot.PivotControl1.ConnectionString = "provider=mspersist"
document.frmSpendPivot.PivotControl1.CommandText = "GetPivotData.aspx"

The strange thing is the ProcessRequest of the GetPivotData page fires twice
meaning the database is queried twice for the same dataset before being
passed to the Pivot Table.

I would like to obviously avoid the second trip so would like to know if
anyone has had a similar problem and how they got round it.

Many thanks in anticipation!