    I have aol and I go on Lavalife and recently the instant messaging window has
    not worked and I was wondering if you all could gjive me some tips on how to
    fix it. The instant messaging window is a java applet which is why I am asking.

    JAlexa9898, Jan 31, 2005

  2. JAlexa9898

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "JAlexa9898" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have aol and I go on Lavalife and recently the instant messaging window has
    > not worked and I was wondering if you all could gjive me some tips on how to
    > fix it. The instant messaging window is a java applet which is why I am
    > asking.

    Does it give any error messages? Do you see the Java cup in the system tray when
    it tries to run? If so, right click it and go to Open Console (I think) and see
    if there's an error message in there.

    Ryan Stewart, Feb 1, 2005

  3. On 31 Jan 2005 22:55:11 GMT, JAlexa9898 wrote:

    > sub: I am not sure if this is the right place to ask..

    No, not really. End users are best helped either at a different group,

    ...or..

    > I have aol and I go on Lavalife and recently the instant messaging window has
    > not worked

    ...try asking the host..
    <http://www.lavalife.com/122/guest/contact.act>

    "Technical or Site Related Issues
    help@lava life.com "

    We would need free access to the exact page, or a lot of time,
    to sort this out.

    ( Though off-the-wall, if it was an applet that opened a new window,
    most pop-up blockers, browsers, and Internet Explorer Service Pack 2,
    will kill them - mostly without even mentioning it. )

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Feb 2, 2005