I miss frames!

youngeagle

I know frames are not used anymore, but how do you get a sidebar, or a
heading, to "stay". For instance, I have a list of names, address, phone
numbers and other columns, with a column heading at the top. How do I get
the column heading to stay at the top while the user scrolls through the
rest of the list? Kind of like using the Freeze Panes in Excel.

Thanks.

Lerp

Hi there,

You can use panels with their visiblitity property to create some pretty
complicated (or what seems to be :) websites. And a lot more fun than
frames.

Cheers, Lerp

Kevin Spencer

In addition, framesets may be "out of style" but they are certainly still in
use.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Mark Rae

In addition, framesets may be "out of style" but they are certainly still in
use.

Indeed. And while we're on the subject, isn't surrounding your website in a
100% frame still the only way to prevent the URL displayed in the address
bar from changing as you move from page to page...?

Joerg Jooss

Mark said:
Indeed. And while we're on the subject, isn't surrounding your
website in a 100% frame still the only way to prevent the URL
displayed in the address bar from changing as you move from page to
page...?

Who really needs this nonsense?

Kevin Spencer

Who really needs this nonsense?

Apparently, you do.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Kevin Spencer

You participated and contributed in this nonsense.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Joerg Jooss

Kevin said:
You participated and contributed in this nonsense.

OK, let's be a bit more specific. The question was about hiding a page's
"real" URL by using frames. That serves what purpose? Security by obscurity?

Cheers,

Kevin Spencer

Heck, Joerg, I didn't say that, so I can't answer it. However, if memory
serves me right, the QUESTION was:

"I know frames are not used anymore, but how do you get a sidebar, or a
heading, to "stay"." ... etc.

I believe the remark you take offense with was posted as an aside by Mark
Rae. My only remark was that frames are still in use.

However, this thread has certainly degraded into something somewhat amusing
(to me at least) at this point.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer