I received eBay Star Developer Award

Ignoramus14786

I am at eBay developers conference right now, and they gave me a Star
Developer Award for writing a Net::eBay perl module. That perl module
allows developers to send queries to eBay API by making very simple
perl calls. Useful for website developers or people like me who like
to ist stuff on ebay without going to their website.

Apparently, I am one of about 8 or so people who received the award
this year.

Pictures will be provided after I get back home from conference.

This module is described at my site www.net-ebay.org.

Kris Baker

Ignoramus14786 said:
I am at eBay developers conference right now, and they gave me a Star
Developer Award for writing a Net::eBay perl module. That perl module
allows developers to send queries to eBay API by making very simple
perl calls. Useful for website developers or people like me who like
to ist stuff on ebay without going to their website.

Apparently, I am one of about 8 or so people who received the award
this year.

Pictures will be provided after I get back home from conference.

This module is described at my site www.net-ebay.org.

Congrats!

Kris

John Bokma

Ignoramus14786 said:
I am at eBay developers conference right now, and they gave me a Star
Developer Award for writing a Net::eBay perl module. That perl module
allows developers to send queries to eBay API by making very simple
perl calls. Useful for website developers or people like me who like
to ist stuff on ebay without going to their website.

Apparently, I am one of about 8 or so people who received the award
this year.

Pictures will be provided after I get back home from conference.

This module is described at my site www.net-ebay.org.

Congratulations, sounds quite cool!

Lumpy

Ignoramus14786 said:
I am at eBay developers conference right
now, and they gave me a Star
Developer Award for writing a Net::eBay perl module...

You should have the perl appraised by a licensed
perlologist.

Lumpy

Ignoramus14786

Congratulations, sounds quite cool!

Thanks, John and Kris. I must note for readers of
alt.marketing.online.ebay that John's suggestions were supremely
useful in making this perl module usable (and he even suggested the
name!).

caroball

Ignoramus14786 said:
I am at eBay developers conference right now, and they gave me a Star
Developer Award for writing a Net::eBay perl module. That perl module
allows developers to send queries to eBay API by making very simple
perl calls. Useful for website developers or people like me who like
to ist stuff on ebay without going to their website.

Apparently, I am one of about 8 or so people who received the award
this year.

Pictures will be provided after I get back home from conference.

This module is described at my site www.net-ebay.org.

Congrats from a long long ago COBAL programmer - we thought at that
time that we were the ultimate in programs, etc --- kinda like a
horse saying automobiles will never catch on

Ignoramus14786

Congrats from a long long ago COBAL programmer - we thought at that
time that we were the ultimate in programs, etc --- kinda like a
horse saying automobiles will never catch on

Thanks...

Jürgen Exner

Ignoramus14786 wrote:
[something]

Would you mind sticking to _one_ pseudonym.
Then we wouldn't have to update our killfiles as often.

jue

robic0

I am at eBay developers conference right now, and they gave me a Star
Developer Award for writing a Net::eBay perl module. That perl module
allows developers to send queries to eBay API by making very simple
perl calls. Useful for website developers or people like me who like
to ist stuff on ebay without going to their website.

Apparently, I am one of about 8 or so people who received the award
this year.

Pictures will be provided after I get back home from conference.

This module is described at my site www.net-ebay.org.

Thats good. Did they pay you a million dollars?
Should Ebay of fraud be considered something real because they,
#1 have an api (what the **** is a Ebay api?) and
#2 have some asshole write a Perl wrapper to it?

The world is definetely strange!

robic0

Now theres something you don't see very often, Net::eBiotch...
.... Net::eBay ......

Move over Net::, make room for M I C R O S O F T D O T P E R L.
They could stuff it in Net::Microsoft:: <-- multiple levels of frcatal absurdity

As if Ebay was anything at all worthy of a subclass in Net::.
Give me a fucking break !!!!!!!

Ignoramus14786

Would you mind sticking to _one_ pseudonym.
Then we wouldn't have to update our killfiles as often.

You cak killfile using outlook based on a regullar expression. The
"ignoramus" paret of my ID is not changing.

Ignoramus14786

#1 have an api (what the **** is a Ebay api?) and
#2 have some asshole write a Perl wrapper to it?

The world is definetely strange!

I got nothing out of the whole affair...

Buck

I am at eBay developers conference right now, and they gave me a Star
Developer Award for writing a Net::eBay perl module. That perl module
allows developers to send queries to eBay API by making very simple
perl calls. Useful for website developers or people like me who like
to ist stuff on ebay without going to their website.

Apparently, I am one of about 8 or so people who received the award
this year.

Pictures will be provided after I get back home from conference.

This module is described at my site www.net-ebay.org.

Congratulations!!

Buck

angrie.woman

Ignoramus14786 said:
I am at eBay developers conference right now, and they gave me a Star
Developer Award for writing a Net::eBay perl module.

Congrats!!!!

Ignoramus19378

Congratulations! Perhaps you could use your new clout to get the eBay
development team to improve their configuration management and change
control procedures.

That way we'd have fewer broken, untested web functions to deal with.

Perhaps, yes, I could get attention of people slightly more easily.

angrie.woman

Ignoramus19378 said:
Thanks AW!

You can click here:

http://ebaydevcon.com/blog/

and scroll down to 2006 Star Developer Awards. Mine is for eBay
Service to the Community: Open Source Project.

That is just so very, very cool. Were you specifically invited to attend
the conference, or did you just happen to be there?

It looks to me like you're the only person there who actually isn't
affiliated with a company. I know you run Algebra.com, but that's not
really what drove you to the eBay programming, is it?

caroball

Chris said:
That must have been frustrating: Hacking away at COBAL code while the
COBOL programmers got all the glory. ;)

--
MAYBE that's why my stuff always got kicked out with 9000 error
messages - I did some FORTRAIN & AUTOMOBILECODDER too