I received eBay Star Developer Award

caroball

Congrats from a long long ago COBAL programmer - we thought at that
time that we were the ultimate in programs, etc --- kinda like a
horse saying automobiles will never catch on

WHO put that A key over my O key?????

Ignoramus19378

That is just so very, very cool. Were you specifically invited to attend
the conference, or did you just happen to be there?

Yes, I was invited.
It looks to me like you're the only person there who actually isn't
affiliated with a company. I know you run Algebra.com, but that's not
really what drove you to the eBay programming, is it?

No, but on the other hand, I sell used stuff on eBay. It was just a
free software thing, done because, in my opinion, software wants to be
free.

angrie.woman

Ignoramus19378 said:
No, but on the other hand, I sell used stuff on eBay. It was just a
free software thing, done because, in my opinion, software wants to be
free.

That's what I thought. A *very* cool victory for freeware!

LPV

Ignoramus19378 said:
I sell used stuff on eBay. It was just a free software thing, done
because, in my opinion, software wants to be free.

You've earned one giant sized "attaboy" with that attitude.

Plus, of course, a "Congratulations" for the eBay recognition to go along
with it.

If you promise not to jump on the couch, I'll tell Oprah to book you on one
of her shows.

Loren

Tad McClellan

[ F'ups set to comp.lang.perl.misc ]

redleg said:
You have Perl ? Try a colon flush.

I knew that colons were buffered, so I tried:

$| = ':';

but that Doesn't Work.

(I can tell because my face is still wearing its irregular expression.)

I'm off to CPAN to see if Bioperl or one of the IO::* modules
can help with this urgent problem...

redleg

Chris said:
Ha! Those are some good ones. :)

COBOL, PASCAL, and FORTRAN. There's a Fortran street in Silicon
Valley, I think its in Santa Clara or Sunnyvale, north of Hwy 237.

caroball

redleg said:
COBOL, PASCAL, and FORTRAN. There's a Fortran street in Silicon
Valley, I think its in Santa Clara or Sunnyvale, north of Hwy 237.

GREAT Now all they need is streets or alleys named SPS - AUTOCODER -
In honor of us old farts ( maybe 30 or 40 ) who thought we knew it all
- then along came the young kids just out of High School who left us in
the dust - ASIDE - A couple of my old friends who kinda stayed in the
business made a ton of $$$$$ on the Y2K scare - the scare was there
because of dates but not that hard to correct - core storage back then
was so precious that not using the whole date was practical - like most
programmers, even those today, we never looked past next week

For you geeks - in 20 or 30 years you too will be the old dumb fogies

robic0

GREAT Now all they need is streets or alleys named SPS - AUTOCODER -
In honor of us old farts ( maybe 30 or 40 ) who thought we knew it all
- then along came the young kids just out of High School who left us in
the dust - ASIDE - A couple of my old friends who kinda stayed in the
business made a ton of $$$$$ on the Y2K scare - the scare was there
because of dates but not that hard to correct - core storage back then
was so precious that not using the whole date was practical - like most
programmers, even those today, we never looked past next week

For you geeks - in 20 or 30 years you too will be the old dumb fogies

I don't think so old fart. I think you were an old fart and loser when you
first started. You are repugnant and the asshole type that are there 2
weeks at the fortune 200 companies. You put a bad name on older folks with
your mother fuckin piss poor defeatists because of age attitude.

I spit, puke and piss on your type's.

Robic0
(god of porn && > 50 age)

caroball

robic0 said:
I don't think so old fart. I think you were an old fart and loser when you
first started. You are repugnant and the asshole type that are there 2
weeks at the fortune 200 companies. You put a bad name on older folks with
your mother fuckin piss poor defeatists because of age attitude.

I spit, puke and piss on your type's.

Robic0
(god of porn && > 50 age)

I COMMEND YOU robic0 on your excellent command of the English language
and your ability to express yourself in good old Junior High Language
-- I think to find the person you described you might look in the
mirror

Age attitude ??? Just glad I got here