I stand humbled and corrected

Discussion in 'HTML' started by thedarkman, Mar 3, 2012.

  1. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/id_home_of_ice.html

    and my ditty re Nigel Grant are now okay. I appear to have made an
    even more fundamental error yesterday. I was editing my FinacialReform
    website:

    http://www.financialreform.info/

    and uploaded these two files to that by mistake.

    Regarding browsers refusing to accept my pages. If you check the HTML
    I use against that in use in 2001 I think you will find it validates
    reasonably well, certainly there will be a few dozen or even a few
    errors in big files rather than hundreds.

    Check out some of the old files on the Internet Archive and you will
    see. I am therefore optimistic that my websites will be visible long
    after I have departed this Earth. More to the point, when the world
    realises I was right about Gerry Gable, Linda Carty, Major Douglas and
    a hundred and one other people and things, your descendants will build
    a shrine to me, so my coding will be academic.

    thedarkman, Mar 3, 2012

  2. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    In article <>, thedarkman <> wrote:
    >http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/id_home_of_ice.html
    >
    >and my ditty re Nigel Grant are now okay.

    For some peculiar definition of "okay" that encompasses one hundred twenty
    seven validation errors...

    > I appear to have made an
    >even more fundamental error yesterday. I was editing my FinacialReform
    >website:
    >
    >http://www.financialreform.info/

    Only nine errors -- remarkably good. For your work, that is.

    Doug Miller, Mar 4, 2012

  3. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    On Mar 4, 7:02 pm, "Hot-Text" <> wrote:
    > Here thedarkman Fix no errors
    >
    > <http://hot-text.ath.cx/~bd~/d/id_home_of_ice.txt>

    I tried to e-mail you but your address bounced.

    thedarkman, Mar 6, 2012
  4. thedarkman

    idle Guest

    idle, Mar 6, 2012
  5. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    thedarkman, Mar 21, 2012
  6. thedarkman wrote:

    [idle wrote:]
    >> Maybe case study at one of these
    >> places.http://www.bromleymind.org.uk/mental-health-services/
    >> http://www.oxleas.nhs.uk/advice-and-guidance/how-to-get-help/bromley/

    > I've noticed that people are more willing to throw epithets and ad
    > hominem at me than debate me.

    Debate? <lol>

    The sole reason is because you refuse to take any advice on how to
    improve your (lack of) coding skills and argue with those who help you.

    Oh, and your pages are ugly.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 22, 2012
  7. On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:29:26 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman
    <> wrote:

    >> Maybe case study at one of these places.http://www.bromleymind.org.uk/menta.../advice-and-guidance/how-to-get-help/bromley/

    >I've noticed that people are more willing to throw epithets and ad
    >hominem at me than debate me.

    Well, posting help for your HTML does not seem to have worked.

    Debating with you would be something like wrestling with a pig.
    "Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig enjoys it."

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko

    Gene Wirchenko, Mar 22, 2012