    to be a good official way of doing this!

    Regards
    Chris

    Chris, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Hi Chris,

    Based on my research and experience, I would like to share the following
    information with you:

    1. When you build a new version of "MyAssembly" and add it to the GAC, the
    old version of "MyAssembly" is still in the GAC. So all the old pages can
    still use the old version of "MyAssembly". We only need to tell the new
    page to use the new version of "MyAssembly".

    2. If you want all the old pages to use the new version of "MyAssembly" in
    the GAC, please try to remove the old version of "MyAssembly" from the GAC
    and test this issue.

    3. If the step 2 does not work and you do not want to change each old page
    to use the new version of "MyAssembly", the work around is not adding
    "MyAssembly" to the GAC . Please refer to the following Knwoledge Base
    article for this issue:

    HOW TO: Register an Assembly in a WebForm to Use a Custom Control
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321749

    Does it answer your question? If I have misunderstood your concern, please
    feel free to let me know.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support