id3tag?? (newbie)

dj.paul.sutcliffe

Hi, how can i manage the id3tag from mp3 files, i'm a
dj and i have to deal with a lot of songs, so, i'm
trying to develope a managment software that allow me
to modificate a bunch of mp3 files... i'll apreciatte
any help. Thanks!

=====

---------------------------------
dj.paulSutcliffe;

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Reinhold Birkenfeld

dj.paul.sutcliffe said:
Hi, how can i manage the id3tag from mp3 files, i'm a
dj and i have to deal with a lot of songs, so, i'm
trying to develope a managment software that allow me
to modificate a bunch of mp3 files... i'll apreciatte
any help. Thanks!

Hi,

I've looked into the Python ID3 libraries just recently. Most of them
use either v1 or v2, the only one I came over that uses both is
pyid3lib, a wrapper around the id3lib library.

I used it to write both a script to batch-modify tags (set all artist
fields to the same value, ask for title) and one to synchronize
information in filename and ID3 tag. Some files don't have a tag, but
you can retrieve the information from the filename, while some others
have correct tags but a malformed filename. This second script of mine
tries to find these differences and bring the two sources of information
to sync.

Reinhold

Sylvain Thenault

Hi, how can i manage the id3tag from mp3 files, i'm a dj and i have to
deal with a lot of songs, so, i'm trying to develope a managment software
that allow me to modificate a bunch of mp3 files... i'll apreciatte any
help. Thanks!

you should take a look at eyeD3 [1] which provides a command line tool to
get / edit id3 tag from mp3 files. And it's written in python, so I guess
you could easily customize it (or only use its id3 module) if needed.

[1] http://eyed3.nicfit.net/