identity impersonate for special anonymous account

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by yurps, Jan 26, 2005.

  1. yurps

    yurps Guest

    Hello,

    I got a weird problem...I didn't set up this machine so I don't know
    what possibly went wrong...IIS set up after VS.NET..

    On a virtual directory for a web app...I go to properties and click
    on the 'Directory Security' tab, click the 'Edit' button,check
    anonymous access, type in username/password for account, check
    'Integrated Windows authentication' at the bottom...then OK out.

    in web.config, I add the tag identity impersonate="true" />

    startup the app in Page_Load I have...

    string samp =
    System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name;

    firstload I get the account I typed in above...on postback it changes
    to my personal windows account....

    strange!!! no joy searching google so I post here in hopes....

    Also when I switch on the anon user account for the whole website it
    works.

    yurps, Jan 26, 2005

  2. yurps

    yurps Guest

    Hmmm but it works if I take out the requiredfieldvalidators....

    it also works on other machines...

    it is checked into source safe....

    hmmmm..

    yurps, Jan 27, 2005