    to make it look the same on both?

    Here is the page: http://wtv-zone.com/knockmedown/

    Thank you for your time.
    InfiniteVoid, Mar 26, 2006

  2. InfiniteVoid wrote:

    > Hello on my page when viewed with IE the spacing between the text in
    > the tables is close together. When I view my page in firefox the
    > spacing between the text lines it very spaced out. Any way to fix
    > this to make it look the same on both?

    I would not worry too much about that. No ordinary visitor is going to
    use more than one browser to see your pages.

    > Here is the page: http://wtv-zone.com/knockmedown/

    Oh. To tell the truth, I am getting rather tired of seeing new sites
    with severe low-contrast, unreadable micro-sized fonts. I had to
    increase the font size to about 130% or so just to read the text, and my
    eyes are quite good.

    ...is how it was done in the last century. Learn to use modern HTML 4.01
    Strict and CSS, and get rid of all that ancient presentational HTML
    code. Also look into not using tables for layout, and using fluid
    design.

    See:
    <http://xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html>
    <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//wtv-zone.com/knockmedown/>

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 26, 2006

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > InfiniteVoid wrote:
    >
    >> Hello on my page when viewed with IE the spacing between the text in
    >> the tables is close together. When I view my page in firefox the
    >> spacing between the text lines it very spaced out. Any way to fix
    >> this to make it look the same on both?

    > I would not worry too much about that. No ordinary visitor is going to
    > use more than one browser to see your pages.
    >
    >> Here is the page: http://wtv-zone.com/knockmedown/

    > Oh. To tell the truth, I am getting rather tired of seeing new sites
    > with severe low-contrast, unreadable micro-sized fonts. I had to
    > increase the font size to about 130% or so just to read the text, and my
    > eyes are quite good.

    > ..is how it was done in the last century. Learn to use modern HTML 4.01
    > Strict and CSS, and get rid of all that ancient presentational HTML
    > code. Also look into not using tables for layout, and using fluid
    > design.
    >
    > See:
    > <http://xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html>
    > <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//wtv-zone.com/knockmedown/>

    Part of his problem was moment ago the doctype was

    Just changing your doctype without any other modifications will not help
    the situation. Very obsolete markup. Need overhaul.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 26, 2006
  4. InfiniteVoid

    BootNic Guest

    http://files.photojerk.com/BootNic/IE6.png
    http://files.photojerk.com/BootNic/Opera8.52.png
    http://files.photojerk.com/BootNic/Mozilla1.12.png

    --
    BootNic Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:25 PM

    Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he isn't. A
    sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
    *Horace Walpole English novelist*
    BootNic, Mar 26, 2006