IE and FireFox viewing text in tables differently. Neex a fix

InfiniteVoid

Hello on my page when viewed with IE the spacing between the text in
the tables is close together. When I view my page in firefox the
spacing between the text lines it very spaced out. Any way to fix this
to make it look the same on both?

Here is the page: http://wtv-zone.com/knockmedown/

Thank you for your time.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

InfiniteVoid said:
Hello on my page when viewed with IE the spacing between the text in
the tables is close together. When I view my page in firefox the
spacing between the text lines it very spaced out. Any way to fix
this to make it look the same on both?

I would not worry too much about that. No ordinary visitor is going to
use more than one browser to see your pages.

Oh. To tell the truth, I am getting rather tired of seeing new sites
with severe low-contrast, unreadable micro-sized fonts. I had to
increase the font size to about 130% or so just to read the text, and my
eyes are quite good.

...is how it was done in the last century. Learn to use modern HTML 4.01
Strict and CSS, and get rid of all that ancient presentational HTML
code. Also look into not using tables for layout, and using fluid
design.

See:
<http://xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html>
<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://wtv-zone.com/knockmedown/>

Jonathan N. Little

Beauregard said:
I would not worry too much about that. No ordinary visitor is going to
use more than one browser to see your pages.

Oh. To tell the truth, I am getting rather tired of seeing new sites
with severe low-contrast, unreadable micro-sized fonts. I had to
increase the font size to about 130% or so just to read the text, and my
eyes are quite good.

..is how it was done in the last century. Learn to use modern HTML 4.01
Strict and CSS, and get rid of all that ancient presentational HTML
code. Also look into not using tables for layout, and using fluid
design.

See:
<http://xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html>
<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://wtv-zone.com/knockmedown/>

Part of his problem was moment ago the doctype was

Just changing your doctype without any other modifications will not help
the situation. Very obsolete markup. Need overhaul.

BootNic

http://files.photojerk.com/BootNic/IE6.png
http://files.photojerk.com/BootNic/Opera8.52.png
http://files.photojerk.com/BootNic/Mozilla1.12.png

--
BootNic Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:25 PM

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he isn't. A
sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
*Horace Walpole English novelist*