Tables Being Translated Differently

danieltrent0

I seem to be be having issues with IE, or Firefox. I am coding a
website for my church and have designed sites before. I love tables
never had an issue before. I'm currently coding with Acehtml 6.
Everthing appears fine in the internal browser as well as the IE
browser but firefox seems to be having an issue stretching certain
spacer images.

Being a fan of firefox. I assume its my fault and modify my code
bringing it up to firefoxes standards. When I do it appears fine both
in firefox and the Acehtml browser.

But now IE seems to be placing my tables all over the place which
really distorts the view of the site. It seems they both want to read
a certain coding style and I was hoping to make my church site in a
way, that will be compatible with at least the 2 most commonly used
browsers(i.e. Firefox & IE).

Is it me? or has then been an issue with this?

I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone would have to offer.

Jonathan N. Little

[...]

<drum roll>

And the URL to the page in question is...

danieltrent0

<drum roll>

And the URL to the page in question is...

there is no url. not yet anyway. the church has not chose a hosting
service etc.

I know it would be easier for others to see the code in order to
debug. I was just hoping someone knew if there were table differences
between IE and Firefox.

If not, then It's me.
If so, then I figure where to go from there.

Thanks

Jonathan N. Little

there is no url. not yet anyway. the church has not chose a hosting
service etc.

I know it would be easier for others to see the code in order to
debug. I was just hoping someone knew if there were table differences
between IE and Firefox.

If not, then It's me.
If so, then I figure where to go from there.

Yes, maybe, sometimes, depends on the URL that we cannot see.

Adrienne Boswell

[...]

As others have said, a URL would be better, but on the other hand, I
don't know if anyone here really wants to wade through tables and, oh
my, spacer images.

There is another thread earlier in this group that discusses the
disadvantages of using tables for layout. Release yourself from the
shackels of presentational markup, use CSS and semantic markup. Use the
right tool for the job, divs to markup divisions, headings for headings,
lists for lists, tables for tabular data.