    Is it me? or has then been an issue with this?

    I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone would have to offer.

    , May 20, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > I seem to be be having issues with IE, or Firefox. I am coding a
    > website for my church and have designed sites before. I love tables
    > never had an issue before. I'm currently coding with Acehtml 6.
    > Everthing appears fine in the internal browser as well as the IE
    > browser but firefox seems to be having an issue stretching certain
    > spacer images.
    >
    > Being a fan of firefox. I assume its my fault and modify my code
    > bringing it up to firefoxes standards. When I do it appears fine both
    > in firefox and the Acehtml browser.
    >
    > But now IE seems to be placing my tables all over the place which
    > really distorts the view of the site. It seems they both want to read
    > a certain coding style and I was hoping to make my church site in a
    > way, that will be compatible with at least the 2 most commonly used
    > browsers(i.e. Firefox & IE).
    >
    > Is it me? or has then been an issue with this?
    >
    > I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone would have to offer.

    <drum roll>

    And the URL to the page in question is...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 20, 2008

    On May 20, 2:13 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I seem to be be having issues with IE, or Firefox. I am coding a
    > > website for my church and have designed sites before. I love tables
    > > never had an issue before. I'm currently coding with Acehtml 6.
    > > Everthing appears fine in the internal browser as well as the IE
    > > browser but firefox seems to be having an issue stretching certain
    > > spacer images.

    > > Being a fan of firefox. I assume its my fault and modify my code
    > > bringing it up to firefoxes standards. When I do it appears fine both
    > > in firefox and the Acehtml browser.

    > > But now IE seems to be placing my tables all over the place which
    > > really distorts the view of the site. It seems they both want to read
    > > a certain coding style and I was hoping to make my church site in a
    > > way, that will be compatible with at least the 2 most commonly used
    > > browsers(i.e. Firefox & IE).

    > > Is it me? or has then been an issue with this?

    > > I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone would have to offer.

    > <drum roll>
    >
    > And the URL to the page in question is...
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    there is no url. not yet anyway. the church has not chose a hosting
    service etc.

    I know it would be easier for others to see the code in order to
    debug. I was just hoping someone knew if there were table differences
    between IE and Firefox.

    If not, then It's me.
    If so, then I figure where to go from there.

    Thanks

    , May 20, 2008
  4. wrote:

    >> And the URL to the page in question is...
    >>

    > there is no url. not yet anyway. the church has not chose a hosting
    > service etc.
    >
    > I know it would be easier for others to see the code in order to
    > debug. I was just hoping someone knew if there were table differences
    > between IE and Firefox.
    >
    > If not, then It's me.
    > If so, then I figure where to go from there.

    Yes, maybe, sometimes, depends on the URL that we cannot see.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, May 20, 2008
  5. John Hosking Guest

    wrote:
    > On May 20, 2:13 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I seem to be be having issues ...

    >>> I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone would have to offer.

    >> <drum roll>
    >>
    >> And the URL to the page in question is...
    >>

    > there is no url.

    <cymbal crash>

    Surprise!

    --
    John
    The UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/

    John Hosking, May 20, 2008
  6. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed ""
    <> writing in news:086215f2-55cc-42ef-8729-
    :

    > I seem to be be having issues with IE, or Firefox. I am coding a
    > website for my church and have designed sites before. I love tables
    > never had an issue before. I'm currently coding with Acehtml 6.
    > Everthing appears fine in the internal browser as well as the IE
    > browser but firefox seems to be having an issue stretching certain
    > spacer images.
    >
    > Being a fan of firefox. I assume its my fault and modify my code
    > bringing it up to firefoxes standards. When I do it appears fine both
    > in firefox and the Acehtml browser.
    >
    > But now IE seems to be placing my tables all over the place which
    > really distorts the view of the site. It seems they both want to read
    > a certain coding style and I was hoping to make my church site in a
    > way, that will be compatible with at least the 2 most commonly used
    > browsers(i.e. Firefox & IE).
    >
    > Is it me? or has then been an issue with this?
    >
    > I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone would have to offer.

    As others have said, a URL would be better, but on the other hand, I
    don't know if anyone here really wants to wade through tables and, oh
    my, spacer images.

    There is another thread earlier in this group that discusses the
    disadvantages of using tables for layout. Release yourself from the
    shackels of presentational markup, use CSS and semantic markup. Use the
    right tool for the job, divs to markup divisions, headings for headings,
    lists for lists, tables for tabular data.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, May 21, 2008