    this group...

    I've tried so many combinations in the CSS without luck

    regards - jm

    julian_m, Mar 26, 2006

  2. julian_m

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, julian_m quothed:

    > Well, I've done some very simple example (html and css clean and
    > commented) which shows weird spaces rendered *only* in IE...
    >
    > http://www.msys.com.ar/index0325.php
    >
    > I'd love to hear any hint from one of the gur=FAs who seems to visit
    > this group...
    >
    > I've tried so many combinations in the CSS without luck

    It's a bug in ie, I believe there's even a name for it - the 3-pixel
    float bugaboo or something.

    The easiest way to fix your page is to use absolute position. Here's
    what I did to your doc:

    ....and your css:

    ..div_blanco{
    /* main container */
    margin: auto;
    width: 90%;
    border: 1px solid yellow; /* I set up a border to see where this
    div ends*/
    }

    ..div_blanco_top {
    position:relative;
    background: red; /* this color shouldn't be seen !!!! (only IE)*/
    font-size: 1px;
    height: 15px;
    line-height: 1px;
    /*border: 1px solid red;*/
    }

    ..div_blanco_top_center {
    /* THIS div doesn't "wrap" 100% of the width, and allows that
    background color of its container appear'*/
    margin: 0 0px;
    height:12px;
    text-align:center;
    background: white;
    border-top: solid 3px black;
    }

    ..div_blanco_tl {
    /* left image */
    position:absolute;
    background: url(div_blan.png) no-repeat top left;
    height: 15px;
    width: 15px;
    }

    ..div_blanco_tr {
    /* right image */
    position:absolute;top:0;right:0;
    background: url(div_blan.png) no-repeat top right;
    height: 15px;
    width: 15px;
    }

    ....in addition to changing the dtd to strict. It worked. Dunno about
    the j/s as that wouldn't save (-maybe because of php?)

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Mar 26, 2006

  3. julian_m

    julian_m Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > With neither quill nor qualm, julian_m quothed:
    >
    > > Well, I've done some very simple example (html and css clean and
    > > commented) which shows weird spaces rendered *only* in IE...
    > >
    > > http://www.msys.com.ar/index0325.php
    > >
    > > I'd love to hear any hint from one of the gur=FAs who seems to visit
    > > this group...
    > >
    > > I've tried so many combinations in the CSS without luck

    > It's a bug in ie, I believe there's even a name for it - the 3-pixel
    > float bugaboo or something.

    Argggg, bad news...

    > ...in addition to changing the dtd to strict. It worked.

    I copied-pasted your example and stil see problems

    http://www.msys.com.ar/index0326.php

    I think I'm going to use another rounder div template tested
    properly...

    Anyway, many thanks for your help

    regards - jm

    julian_m, Mar 27, 2006
  4. julian_m

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, julian_m quothed:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    > > With neither quill nor qualm, julian_m quothed:
    > >
    > > > Well, I've done some very simple example (html and css clean and
    > > > commented) which shows weird spaces rendered *only* in IE...
    > > >
    > > > http://www.msys.com.ar/index0325.php
    > > >
    > > > I'd love to hear any hint from one of the gur=FAs who seems to visit
    > > > this group...
    > > >
    > > > I've tried so many combinations in the CSS without luck

    > > It's a bug in ie, I believe there's even a name for it - the 3-pixel
    > > float bugaboo or something.

    > Argggg, bad news...
    >
    > > ...in addition to changing the dtd to strict. It worked.

    > I copied-pasted your example and stil see problems
    >
    > http://www.msys.com.ar/index0326.php

    Well of course it didn't work! You didn't change the css!

    Does this:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="div_rounded0325.css">
    look familiar?

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Mar 27, 2006
  5. julian_m

    julian_m Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > With neither quill nor qualm, julian_m quothed:

    > > > ...in addition to changing the dtd to strict. It worked.

    > > I copied-pasted your example and stil see problems
    > >
    > > http://www.msys.com.ar/index0326.php

    > Well of course it didn't work! You didn't change the css!

    Stupid error, excuse me, and thanks again

    regards - jm

    julian_m, Mar 27, 2006