IE error, simple code

julian_m

Well, I've done some very simple example (html and css clean and
commented) which shows weird spaces rendered *only* in IE...

http://www.msys.com.ar/index0325.php

I'd love to hear any hint from one of the gurús who seems to visit
this group...

I've tried so many combinations in the CSS without luck

regards - jm

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, julian_m quothed:
Well, I've done some very simple example (html and css clean and
commented) which shows weird spaces rendered *only* in IE...

http://www.msys.com.ar/index0325.php

I'd love to hear any hint from one of the gur=FAs who seems to visit
this group...

I've tried so many combinations in the CSS without luck

It's a bug in ie, I believe there's even a name for it - the 3-pixel
float bugaboo or something.

The easiest way to fix your page is to use absolute position. Here's
what I did to your doc:

....and your css:

..div_blanco{
/* main container */
margin: auto;
width: 90%;
border: 1px solid yellow; /* I set up a border to see where this
div ends*/
}

..div_blanco_top {
position:relative;
background: red; /* this color shouldn't be seen !!!! (only IE)*/
font-size: 1px;
height: 15px;
line-height: 1px;
/*border: 1px solid red;*/
}

..div_blanco_top_center {
/* THIS div doesn't "wrap" 100% of the width, and allows that
background color of its container appear'*/
margin: 0 0px;
height:12px;
text-align:center;
background: white;
border-top: solid 3px black;
}

..div_blanco_tl {
/* left image */
position:absolute;
background: url(div_blan.png) no-repeat top left;
height: 15px;
width: 15px;
}

..div_blanco_tr {
/* right image */
position:absolute;top:0;right:0;
background: url(div_blan.png) no-repeat top right;
height: 15px;
width: 15px;
}

....in addition to changing the dtd to strict. It worked. Dunno about
the j/s as that wouldn't save (-maybe because of php?)

julian_m

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, julian_m quothed:

It's a bug in ie, I believe there's even a name for it - the 3-pixel
float bugaboo or something.

Argggg, bad news...
...in addition to changing the dtd to strict. It worked.

I copied-pasted your example and stil see problems

http://www.msys.com.ar/index0326.php

I think I'm going to use another rounder div template tested
properly...

Anyway, many thanks for your help

regards - jm

julian_m

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, julian_m quothed:

Well of course it didn't work! You didn't change the css!

Stupid error, excuse me, and thanks again

regards - jm