IE Treeview Runtime Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alphonse Giambrone, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. I have been using the IE Treeview for several months and it has been working
    fine until recently.
    Now on my development machine I get a runtime error when the page loads or
    the mouse moves over the node link.
    When viewing the webpage from via the webhost, I don't get any error, but
    when clicking on the - to collapse a node the entire tree disappears.
    On my develoopment machine (IE6, WIN XP Pro), the error is 'Access Denied'.
    By debugging, I found that it occurs in treeview.htc in the following
    function on the line 'if (oItem.filters.length > 0) '

    //
    // blurFilter
    //
    // decreases alpha filter opacity on given node by 50%, adding one if needed
    //
    function blurFilter(oItem)
    {
    if (oItem.id == "_tnaccess")
    oItem = oItem.all.item("_tntext", 0);
    if (oItem.filters.length > 0) //Error here - 'Access is denied'
    {
    var oFilter =
    oItem.filters.item("DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha");
    if (oFilter)
    {
    oFilter.opacity /= 2;
    return;
    oItem.style.filter +=
    "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(opacity=50,style=0)";
    }

    I know that I did not change the treeview source files and don't remember
    changing anything relating to that control in my project.
    Could it have something to do with some recent MS IE update?

    Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?

    TIA

    --

    Alphonse Giambrone
    Email: a-giam at customdatasolutions dot us
    Alphonse Giambrone, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Alphonse Giambrone

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hi Alphonse,

    Is you a local administrator on the Windows XP computer? In the IE/Security
    setting, if you set local intranet to "low level", will this help?

    Luke
    [MSFT], Jun 14, 2004

  3. Thanks Luke.
    I had a feeling it had to do with IE settings. I reset my security level to
    default and after a reboot, it works ok.

    Alphonse Giambrone, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Alphonse Giambrone

    [MSFT] Guest

    Thank you for the information