IE vs. Netscape

Whitecrest

And then the name calling starts...

No name calling, I am protecting you from yourself.
You also said, "Front page is capable of producing perfectly good
code."

And you can't do that? You do have some issues don't you....
You are putting words in my mouth, I never said it wasn't a
development tool. I said it can't generate a complete web page with
compliant code.

You still have no clue.

Whitecrest

I thought that the point of so-called WYSIWYG HTML editors was that the tool
does it for you.

And is the problem. They do NOT do it for you, nor do they claim to.
They are a tool, and like any tool, they can only assist you. They can
not "do it for you"

The same person that produces shitty code from front page would produce
equally as shitty code in notepad. The only difference is that the
shitty front page code would probably work on 90+% (insert your IE
percentage here) of browsers out there.

It is quite easy to produce validated code from Front page. Push
validation. Push accessibility, but why blow smoke about the choice of
an editor? Front page is no better or worse than anything else someone
can use.

Barry Pearson

Whitecrest wrote:
[snip]

This isn't really addressed to you, but I'm not sure where to respond in this
thread.

There is lots of criticisms here about FP. Do the critics here extend their
criticism to Dreamweaver too, or is this specific to FP?

(I have FP 2000 but never use it. I have DW and always use it).