IE6 hangs with ADODB.Recordset

Kevin Shea

I'm currently running into a problem with ie6 on a windows 2000 machine.

I've developed a web application where the client, using JavaScript, opens
up an ADODB.Recordset recordset and then reads the data for the recordset
from a recordset created on the server via XML through an ASP page.

This normally works fine.

However, for very big data sets, the browser on the client side hangs, just
stops responding.

Any ideas? Any tools to debug this issue? Is there another newsgroup more
appropriate?

Thanks in advance.

Martin Honnen

Kevin said:
I'm currently running into a problem with ie6 on a windows 2000 machine.

I've developed a web application where the client, using JavaScript, opens
up an ADODB.Recordset recordset and then reads the data for the recordset
from a recordset created on the server via XML through an ASP page.

This normally works fine.

However, for very big data sets, the browser on the client side hangs, just
stops responding.

Any ideas? Any tools to debug this issue? Is there another newsgroup more
appropriate?

As you mention ASP reading the data from the server an ASP group on the
news.microsoft.com server could help. Although you also mention that the
client with JavaScript opens up the ADODB.Recordset I think you might
find more expertise in one of the MS groups.
I currently don't understand why you need client side JavaScript to open
ADODB recordsets if you have ASP on the server to do that and then pass
on any HTML needed to the client whether it is IE or not and whether
client side script is supported or not.

Brynn

There aren't many of us on the ms general or db group that mess with
javascript for server-side. Have you tried VBS at all?

Brynn

As you mention ASP reading the data from the server an ASP group on the
news.microsoft.com server could help. Although you also mention that the
client with JavaScript opens up the ADODB.Recordset I think you might
find more expertise in one of the MS groups.
I currently don't understand why you need client side JavaScript to open
ADODB recordsets if you have ASP on the server to do that and then pass
on any HTML needed to the client whether it is IE or not and whether
client side script is supported or not.

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!