    Any ideas? Any tools to debug this issue? Is there another newsgroup more
    appropriate?

    Thanks in advance.

    Kevin Shea, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Kevin Shea wrote:

    > I'm currently running into a problem with ie6 on a windows 2000 machine.
    >
    > I've developed a web application where the client, using JavaScript, opens
    > up an ADODB.Recordset recordset and then reads the data for the recordset
    > from a recordset created on the server via XML through an ASP page.
    >
    > This normally works fine.
    >
    > However, for very big data sets, the browser on the client side hangs, just
    > stops responding.
    >
    > Any ideas? Any tools to debug this issue? Is there another newsgroup more
    > appropriate?

    As you mention ASP reading the data from the server an ASP group on the
    news.microsoft.com server could help. Although you also mention that the
    client with JavaScript opens up the ADODB.Recordset I think you might
    find more expertise in one of the MS groups.
    I currently don't understand why you need client side JavaScript to open
    ADODB recordsets if you have ASP on the server to do that and then pass
    on any HTML needed to the client whether it is IE or not and whether
    client side script is supported or not.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Kevin Shea

    Brynn Guest

    There aren't many of us on the ms general or db group that mess with
    javascript for server-side. Have you tried VBS at all?

    Brynn

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:05:21 +0100, Martin Honnen <>
    wrote:

    >Kevin Shea wrote:
    >
    >> I'm currently running into a problem with ie6 on a windows 2000 machine.
    >>
    >> I've developed a web application where the client, using JavaScript, opens
    >> up an ADODB.Recordset recordset and then reads the data for the recordset
    >> from a recordset created on the server via XML through an ASP page.
    >>
    >> This normally works fine.
    >>
    >> However, for very big data sets, the browser on the client side hangs, just
    >> stops responding.
    >>
    >> Any ideas? Any tools to debug this issue? Is there another newsgroup more
    >> appropriate?

    >As you mention ASP reading the data from the server an ASP group on the
    >news.microsoft.com server could help. Although you also mention that the
    >client with JavaScript opens up the ADODB.Recordset I think you might
    >find more expertise in one of the MS groups.
    >I currently don't understand why you need client side JavaScript to open
    >ADODB recordsets if you have ASP on the server to do that and then pass
    >on any HTML needed to the client whether it is IE or not and whether
    >client side script is supported or not.
    >
    >--
    >
    > Martin Honnen
    > http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Brynn
    www.coolpier.com

    I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
    I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
    Test all code before use!

    Brynn, Jan 22, 2004