IE7 and VS 2003 - can't load WebApp on start, but can reload inside IDE

Just D.

All!

Does anybody know how to fix the issue? Machine was working perfectly with
WinXPPro and IE6 and all latest service packs, maybe just excluding WinWord
from the Enterprise Office 2003, the service pack that I installed added a
Shift-Arrow annoying selection bug, but it's fixable if I delete this SP
from the machine and stop downloading it. There is another one more serious
problem - when I installed IE7 and all required SPs from MS I started
getting this error on each VS load:

http://members.cox.net/dshvetsov/IE7Bug.jpg

It's very annoying, but it's not a permission error, it's looking like a
time out error or something like that. The solution is heavy, it has about
30 projects, but it was working perfectly with IE6. I realize that IE7 is a
big break for the whole machine, it's a very lazy browser and I'm actually
going to roll back to IE6 using my backup, it's easy, but I'm wondering if
it's possible to fix this issue, maybe to correct Machine.Config file
increasing some time-out values, registry, metabase or something?

It's not a permission error. When IDE finally starts without my main project
I'm able to reload my web project inside IDE and then reset it as a start
project, but it's very annoying to do that each time!

Just D.

William LaMartin

You might try substituting for localhost the computer name or its IP
address.

When I installed IE7, I did note having to provide a username and password
for things that I in the past did not have to do. So IE7 definitely does
change some things as regards permissions. Additionally, when I open a web
site project in VS 2005 and run debug, I now receive a message about
Intranet settings being turned off. But everything runs fine.

Just D.

William,

thanks for your answer. Yes, I got something like that in the very beginning
when just installed IE7. It was a complaint that I can't debug my own
project. I opened IIS settings and corrected the account.

So I was able to start and debug my project. The problem is that in most
cases I'm able to open my project in the VS, start the project and debug if
I have already done that at least one time after reboot. If I just rebooted
my machine and try to open the Visual Studio it barks that can't open my Web
Project. When I agree because I actually have no choice, then reload the
project inside the VS, set it to be startable, then it goes ok. Also after
that moment I'm able to close the VS, reopen it without any issue. And it
goes this way until I reboot machine again. Something strange. I already
re-registered .Net again, didn't help.

So I'm still doubting if it's a permission issue or the VS can't compile the
project before it loads the solution and gets a time out error. The
compilation time for the whole solution is about 20 seconds, sometimes
longer. Project is large, my machine is not weak as well, two processor IP
IV with 2 Gig RAM, etc.

Well, if I can't find any good answer to this issue I'll have to roll back
to the IE6 again.

Just D.

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=

Hi, Just D.

I have the same problem here. Some news?
Or you just rolled back to the IE6?

[]'s
André

Just D. escreveu:

Just D.

Well, rolled back to IE6 using my complete backup, but got even more
problems with IE6 when started working, different browsers - different bugs.
So I returned back to IE7 again facing one more issue in addition to the one
that we got - a double compression. I described that lately in the same
group - nothing yet.

Re the operation timed out. Right now I close the VS, restart it and it
loads the project correctly from the first try. All I need to do is to set
my web project as startable.

Just D.

Hi, Just D.

I have the same problem here. Some news?
Or you just rolled back to the IE6?

[]'s
André

Just D. escreveu:

Just D.

Sorry, just recalled, I publish another issue in
microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging, you can find it there.

Just D.