iframes and Forms authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Guest, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a site which is on an unsecure server that
    utilizes frames to display content. This site has a link
    to a a registration section which is run on a seperate
    SSL secured server (seperate domain names). When I click
    on the link for the registration page, the login page is
    displayed but the return URL is not in the querystring.
    If I enter a valid username and password, then login page
    is then redisplayed because of this. If I go back to the
    unsecure page though and click on the link, it still
    doesn't reckognize that a sucessful login occured and a
    cookie was created. If I enter the address of the secure
    page directly in the address bar and navigate directly to
    the secure pages (not in an iframe), I have no problems
    and everything runs as it should. This is a site hosted
    by someone else so I am stuck with having to use a
    seperate SSL server. Any idea on what I can do to make
    the auth cookie get reckonized with iframes and/or why
    the returnURL is missing when loging page is popped in
    the iframe?

    Thanks
    Jason
    Guest, Nov 3, 2003