IIS how to get .aspx to execute

Fick

Hi all

I've finally figured out how to just get IIS 7 to display the welcome
page - had to use the clasic pool option.

Now I want to get my ASP.NET to run, no luck so far.

I'm unable to even create the app in VS2005 if I select HTTP as my
"location". I never seem to have rights and I'm the administrator!
Which settings do I have to edit to allow me to do this? Which icon do
I have to access/click? I know that I'll probably say in a week or so
that it's obvious but now I'm stumped!

I do have mutliple ASP.NET appliations that used to work under XP and
the previous version of IIS but nothing works under Vista and IIS7.

My setup: Vista Ultimate and VS2005 with new hardware.

Thanx
Fick

Mark Fitzpatrick

You can't select http as the location. VS uses the FrontPage Server
Extensions to communicate with an IIS web server when opening or publishing
a web through http. Because of the way IIS 7 has been re-designed, the
FrontPage Server Extensions are no longer compatible and do not work with
IIS 7. Thus you cannot use http to create,open, or publish to a web on IIS
7. What you'll need to do is create a file-based web project anywhere you
want on your system, then in IIS add a virtual directory (making sure
afterwards that it's marked as an application) that points to the new VS
project you just created. VS is probably giving a permissions error simply
because it doesn't know what else to do in this situation since IIS 7 was
not something it was designed to work against originally.