IIS http to -> https via login page ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Frank Miverk, Mar 18, 2007.

  1. Frank Miverk

    Frank Miverk Guest

    Hi all,

    Here's my situation:

    I have a public website that is wide open via http:

    Products
    News
    .... etc

    Then I have a secure area:
    Members only
    More members only
    etc...

    Under IIS, I have a virtual directory for the secure area, with an SSL cert.

    My question is, how do I make the transition from http -> https after a user
    logs in?

    Thanks for any tips.
    Frank

    Frank Miverk, Mar 18, 2007

  2. Frank Miverk

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Mar 18, 2007

  3. Frank Miverk

    Guest

    Re: IIS http to -> https via login page ?

    On 18 Mar, 05:18, "Frank Miverk" <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Here's my situation:
    >
    > I have a public website that is wide open via http:

    > Products
    > News
    > .... etc
    >
    > Then I have a secure area:
    > Members only
    > More members only
    > etc...
    >
    > Under IIS, I have a virtual directory for the secure area, with an SSL cert.
    >
    > My question is, how do I make the transition from http -> https after a user
    > logs in?
    >
    > Thanks for any tips.
    > Frank

    I think one of the whole points of HTTPS is so login details are
    encrypted. Why would you want to transmit the login details over
    regular HTTP but then protect the regular traffic?

    , Mar 19, 2007