    Any ideas as to why this is so slow? how may i resolve this issue?

    Thanks in advance,

    llevi

    llevi, Jun 24, 2008

  2. llevi

    Jeff Winn Guest

    Try loading the page directly from your browser by connecting to the website
    when it's running. If it's fast there it's an issue with VS either building
    the site, or attaching the debugger.

    If you're working with a "Web Site" type of project and not a "Web
    Application" you can go to the project properties for the build
    configuration and tell the IDE to not build the website when you run it. The
    assemblies used for the pages will build themselves when they're needed, so
    you don't need to worry about it. If you're using a Web Application you'll
    just have to wait while the project is being built.

    Jeff Winn, Jun 24, 2008

  3. llevi

    llevi Guest

    Thanks for your reply.

    I did try running the page directly from the browser (outside of the IDE)
    and that response is normal, fast. However, any attempt to run from within
    the IDE (with or without the changes that you suggested) result in a response
    of at least 1 or more mins.

    llevi, Jun 24, 2008
  4. llevi

    Jeff Winn Guest

    Check the output window when you're trying to run the site. Keep an eye on
    the IDEs progress as it builds your project. As long as it's not hanging
    while building the startup time seems normal to me. If the IDE has finished
    building and IE sits open for an extensive amount of time it might be
    something with the debugger trying to attach itself to IIS.

    In all honesty everything seems perfectly normal to me. It could be your
    computer is just slow. :eek:)

    Jeff Winn, Jun 24, 2008
  5. Delete your solution .suo file and see if it helps.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 24, 2008
  6. llevi

    BWC Guest

    I've seen a similar situation happen when Javascript debugging is enabled.

    If you run through Visual Studio without Debugging (Ctrl+F5) and the problem
    goes away, this could be the case.

    In Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Browsing select
    both the "Disable script debugging" options (internet explorer) and (other)

    BWC, Jun 24, 2008
  7. llevi

    llevi Guest

    I tried this - same result

    llevi, Jun 24, 2008
  8. llevi

    llevi Guest

    javascript debugging has been disabled and I had been using ctl+f5 to render
    the page. Very strange, but this is painfully slow.

    llevi, Jun 24, 2008