IIS to Tomcat

engineer

Hello

We have an isapi redirect as follows:

explorer -> IIS (isapi filter populates userid in header) -> Tomcat

Can anyone suggest another way to populate the header with the userid
other than via IIS/isapi filter?

(the security mechanism is a windows based one which uses "Active
Directory" which is ldap based.

Regards

engineer

Gosh! Is there no genius who can answer this?

Is it a conspiracy to ensure we continue to use IIS?

Jeff Cochran

Gosh! Is there no genius who can answer this?

Gosh! Not in an hour and twenty minutes apparently.
Is it a conspiracy to ensure we continue to use IIS?

Nope.

As for your original question, it's not an IIS problem. Check with
Tomcat support as to why you need to do this.

Jeff

engineer

One day, an hour and twenty minutes ;)

As for your original question, it's not an IIS problem. ?>
Check with
Tomcat support as to why you need to do this.

Ah, it's a Tomcat limitation: Okay calling all Tomcat experts: why do
we need to go via IIS to get the user's login id?

engineur

I didn't suggest a time limit.

I merely re-posted in an attempt to keep the subject recent

Another person incorrectly posted the time elapsed.

How boring. And still no suggestion as to why ie-explorer needs to

go via IIS in order to add the windows userid to the Tomcat request?

Henry Townsend

engineur said:
I didn't suggest a time limit.

I merely re-posted in an attempt to keep the subject recent
True.

Another person incorrectly posted the time elapsed.

Also true.
How boring. And still no suggestion as to why ie-explorer needs to
go via IIS in order to add the windows userid to the Tomcat request?

Precisely what does this have to do with Java programming? There is a
very active Tomcat mailing list, and presumably support resources for
IIS, but if you post this question to comp.lang.java.programmer you
deserve silence.