IIS, Web Service, Anonymous access and Integrated Win Authenticati

Daniel P.

I have a web service that has to be available from both outside and inside
the company. For outside the connection will use anonymous authentication
over an SSL connection, the user will provide its user name and password that
will be sent in the SOAP header. From inside the network I also send the NT
username in the soap header.

I configured the Authentication Method in the Virtual Directory security to
support both "Anonymous Access" and "Integrated Windows Authentication". When
both are checked then the "Integrated Windows Authentication" does not seem
to work.

I check the System.Web.Services.WebService.User.Identity object and there is
no info about the NT Username and User.Identity.IsAuthenticated is set to
false.

What am I doing wrong?