IIS6 Windows Server 2003 GetRedirectUrl returns me back to login

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by David Dixon, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. David Dixon

    David Dixon Guest

    Having a small issue using my ASP.NET 2.0 app on a new Windows Server 2003 R2
    / iis 6.

    I have done some forms authentication using Active Directory, when the user
    has logged in correctly I do a Redirect:
    Response.Redirect(FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl(txtUserName.Text,
    false));

    This works on the server when running in http://localhost/MyApp but when I
    enter the server path http://server/MyApp every time I login it passes but
    just takes me back to the login screen.

    I have developed this on my Windows XP Pro SP2 machine using VS2005 and can
    run it in localhost and http://devmachine/MyApp with no problems.

    I am pretty sure that it's something to do with security of the ASP.net
    application or the iis security so I have already tried entering
    Administrator login details into the <identity impersonate="true"
    userName="Adminstrator" password="******"/> but still no joy.

    Any pointers would be a great help.

    David

    David Dixon, Nov 10, 2006