    im only a teenager... lol.

    thanks,

    snir.
    Snir, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Snir wrote:
    > hi im a real perfectionist and i have an error on my site...

    You asked this already.
    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Snir

    Leslie Guest

    On 30 Dec 2003 20:19:23 -0800, (Snir) wrote:

    >hi im a real perfectionist and i have an error on my site...

    Then you should be back and at least fix all the spelling errors.

    Leslie
    "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
    Leslie, Dec 31, 2003
  4. Snir

    Richard Guest

    Snir wrote:

    > hi im a real perfectionist and i have an error on my site...

    > the site is http://www.snirweb.com and on the "text to speech bitch"
    > link in the "fun sh*t" section THE WOMAN DOESNT TALK!!!!

    > its crazy... it says that access is denied and u see on my site b4 i
    > uploaded it it was working and still is...

    > weirdass shit!

    > i really need your help, please! and make the description simple since
    > im only a teenager... lol.

    > thanks,

    > snir.

    On cable using IE 6, everything works just fine but no voice output.
    Moving the cursor on the image, the head and eyes move accordingly.
    click the button, nuthin.
    Richard, Dec 31, 2003
  5. Quoth the raven named Snir:

    > and make the description simple since im only a teenager... lol.

    No doubt there.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 31, 2003
  6. In article <>, Snir
    says...
    > hi im a real perfectionist and i have an error on my site...

    Just one?

    > the site is http://www.snirweb.com and on the "text to speech bitch"
    > link in the "fun sh*t" section THE WOMAN DOESNT TALK!!!!

    It'll be alright, your visitors can find the same toy at thousands of
    other sites. You should use these little gadgets to compliment your
    *original* content, not to be it entirely.

    > its crazy... it says that access is denied and u see on my site b4 i
    > uploaded it it was working and still is...

    I get everything but the voice feedback. When I visit your actual
    website, without frames, clicking the bitch link gives me this:

    http://vhost.oddcast.com/vhost_minisite/demos/tts/tts_example.html

    And it works fine.

    > weirdass shit!

    Brucie? We like him.

    > i really need your help, please! and make the description simple since
    > im only a teenager... lol.

    So am I.

    Something you're doing with your frames seems to be breaking it. Maybe
    you can check their site for a better way to integrate it into your own?

    --
    Daniel Ruscoe
    http://www.dualstone.co.uk
    Daniel Ruscoe, Dec 31, 2003
  7. Snir

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 30 Dec 2003 20:19:23 -0800, (Snir) wrote:

    >the site is http://www.snirweb.com and on the "text to speech bitch"
    >link in the "fun sh*t" section THE WOMAN DOESNT TALK!!!!

    It's a failure of Chamberlain's Law - "Waving around other people's
    Cool Stuff isn't the same as inventing some of your own."

    This site is framed, and all you've done is include someone else's
    demo page. At least you could build the control into a page of your
    own, and have it read some of your own content.

    Secondly, this is an even worse text-to-speech engine than M$oft's
    freebie Agent. There's a huge delay when it first parses the text, so
    your problem may be simple impatience - try it on a single word.

    --
    Congrats to STBL on his elevation from TLA to ETLA
    Andy Dingley, Jan 1, 2004
  8. Snir

    Sam Hughes Guest

    In article <>, Snir
    says...
    > hi im a real perfectionist and i have an error on my site...
    >
    > the site is http://www.snirweb.com and on the "text to speech bitch"
    > link in the "fun sh*t" section THE WOMAN DOESNT TALK!!!!

    Well that links to somebody else's site, doesn't it?

    And I'm missing some plugin that requires it to work.

    But then I used IE, and it works fine there. What can you do about it;
    it's on somebody else's site.

    > its crazy... it says that access is denied and u see on my site b4 i
    > uploaded it it was working and still is...

    It's not crazy and I'm very confused as to what you are talking about.
    Could you please be more specific?

    > weirdass shit!

    ??

    > i really need your help, please! and make the description simple since
    > im only a teenager... lol.

    Does being a teenager make you stupid?

    Now time for my rant about your web site.

    You have a (TM) following "Snir Levi's Official Online Home, Discussion
    Area, and Web Development Space." Is that phrase trademarked?

    Secondly, your title states "Under Construction," but truly, all web
    sites are under construction.

    Thirdly, all of your links leave the domain name. Does your web site
    have any content?

    Fourthly, I look closely and discover that your site is merely a frame
    pointing to http://members.aol.com/shaqman26/home.html; so maybe you do
    have some actual content.

    Fifthly, you have some retarded emotion icon following my mouse around.
    DO YOU THINK I WANT THAT?

    Sixthly, I see crap like the following in your code:

    <script LANGUAGE="javascript1.2" SRC=""></SCRIPT>

    ^^ this means nothing because the src attribute is empty.

    ^^ Why do you have the link colors set to white, when they do not apply
    to a single link within the document?

    <align=left><style type="text/css">
    ^^ Say wha?

    Seventhly, two-thirds of your HTML document contains drivelous javascript
    that does... hrm.. hold on, let me look in IE.

    Snow falling down! What a senseless riot. Does your web page serve a
    purpose? Maybe. I'm having trouble finding out, because of all the crap
    I have to go through to use it. Please remove the snow and the circular
    retard who follows my cursor around. It is a novelty that got old in
    1998.

    Your web site's general purpose is what appears under the "links" section
    of your navigation, it seems.

    Sorry for being a bit rude, but it'd be best if you focused on that
    aspect, because people aren't going to return so they can look at the
    "fun sh*t."

    But then again, it's your website, and you don't have any monetary goal
    (do you?) in creating it, so you can do whatever and it won't really
    matter that much.
    Sam Hughes, Jan 2, 2004
  9. Snir

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Sam Hughes scribbled in the mud:

    > Seventhly,

    Is that a read word? :)

    --
    Duende
    The best defense against logic is ignorance.
    Duende, Jan 2, 2004
  10. Snir

    Bob Long Guest

    In news:Xns94646AC706396spamwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4,
    Duende <> typed:
    > While sitting in a puddle Sam Hughes scribbled in the mud:
    >
    > > Seventhly,

    > Is that a read word? :)

    Yes - I just read it! :)

    Bob Long
    Bob Long, Jan 3, 2004
  11. Snir

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    "Bob Long" <> wrote in

    > In news:Xns94646AC706396spamwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4,
    > Duende <> typed:
    >> While sitting in a puddle Sam Hughes scribbled in the mud:
    >>
    >> > Seventhly,

    >> Is that a read word? :)

    > Yes - I just read it! :)

    Some years ago I was reading a request, written by a homeowner who was a
    lawyer, for an exemption from some zoning regulations involving swimming
    pools. The list of reasons began "firstly," "secondly" and continued all
    the way up to "fourteenthly."
    Eric Bohlman, Jan 3, 2004
  12. Snir

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Eric Bohlman scribbled in the mud:

    > "Bob Long" <> wrote in
    >
    >> In news:Xns94646AC706396spamwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4,
    >> Duende <> typed:
    >>> While sitting in a puddle Sam Hughes scribbled in the mud:

    >>> Is that a read word? :)

    >> Yes - I just read it! :)

    > Some years ago I was reading a request, written by a homeowner who was
    > a lawyer, for an exemption from some zoning regulations involving
    > swimming pools. The list of reasons began "firstly," "secondly" and
    > continued all the way up to "fourteenthly."

    So it's legalese, not real english.

    Duende, Jan 3, 2004