Image/bitmap returning Web Service

Imran Hayat

Hello! I'm trying to create a Web Service where the user supplies a
filename of an image file (gif or jpg) and the Web Service returns
that image rotated 90 degrees to the user. (Of course it returns it as
a SOAP/Base64 encoded xml output to the user)

Would this be possible to do? I'm just trying to get started and I
can't even create a Web Service that allows me to import the
System.Drawing namespace. Any ideas how this may be possible?

Thanks in advance.

Arthur Nesterovsky

Hi,
Hello! I'm trying to create a Web Service where the user supplies a
filename of an image file (gif or jpg) and the Web Service returns
that image rotated 90 degrees to the user. (Of course it returns it as
a SOAP/Base64 encoded xml output to the user)

It is better to use DIME attachments for this purpose.
Would this be possible to do? I'm just trying to get started and I
can't even create a Web Service that allows me to import the
System.Drawing namespace. Any ideas how this may be possible?

Why you can't?
I did this very easy. You have to append System.Drawing.dll from the
cache and then write using System.Drawing. After these things you can
use any object from this namespace.