Image proccessing tool question

Matt Silberstein

I need to do the following job. I can see how to do this in Perl, but
if it already exists in some tool/script that would be better.

I have a number of jpeg images of various sizes (but close together in
size). Eventually I want each of them embedded in a new jpeg centered
in a background. There are various approaches to solve this and if the
tool exists I am open. If not, then I figure for me I would do two
passes. First, scan the image directory/source and determine maximum
length and width. If it were manual I would then decide the best
larger size to use. After that I would make my second pass, putting
each image in the background image and saving it.

TIA and if anyone else would find this useful I will try to make it
general. So tell me how you would like it generalized.

--
Matt Silberstein

Do something today about the Darfur Genocide

http://www.beawitness.org
http://www.darfurgenocide.org
http://www.savedarfur.org

"Darfur: A Genocide We can Stop"

John Bokma

Matt Silberstein said:
I need to do the following job. I can see how to do this in Perl, but
if it already exists in some tool/script that would be better.

I have a number of jpeg images of various sizes (but close together in
size). Eventually I want each of them embedded in a new jpeg centered
in a background. There are various approaches to solve this and if the
tool exists I am open. If not, then I figure for me I would do two
passes. First, scan the image directory/source and determine maximum
length and width.
Image::Size;

If it were manual I would then decide the best
larger size to use. After that I would make my second pass, putting
each image in the background image and saving it.

ImageMagick?

I assume that not all pictures tile nicely, so what color are you using
for the background?