Images do not display.

Jonathan N. Little

Dave said:
Would someone look here and tell me why these images do not display.
http://www.texasflyfishers.org/images/HarryCCI.htm
Thanks.
Dave
Maybe the embedded carriage returns and punctuation like "?" in the
image names!

"Bill demonstrates how to cast a whopper. This was number two.
The first one was much nicer. David's slow reaction missed it.JPG"

try "BillCastsWhopper.JPG" as a better file name!!!

dorayme

"Jonathan N. Little said:
Maybe the embedded carriage returns and punctuation like "?" in the
image names!

"Bill demonstrates how to cast a whopper. This was number two.
The first one was much nicer. David's slow reaction missed it.JPG"

try "BillCastsWhopper.JPG" as a better file name!!!

Well, OPs names are quite a blast. Op should try at the least
removing the full stops in the ones that do not load. They
confuse the issue badly. The others load fine in some browsers
inspite of the prolixity of the names

Dave Kelly

Dave said:
Would someone look here and tell me why these images do not display.
http://www.texasflyfishers.org/images/HarryCCI.htm
Thanks.
Dave
Would like to thank everyone for reminding an old man to do his homework
before raising his hand and asking for help.

Also to chastise me sternly for forgetting that I had almost the same
problem last week and figured it out myself.

Do have a question. Is it the 'html' code that has trouble reading the
file name with the embedded line feed? I ask that because on a linux
system, both 'gwenview' and 'display' read and displayed those images
without any problems.

Blinky the Shark

Dave said:
Would like to thank everyone for reminding an old man to do his homework
before raising his hand and asking for help.

Also to chastise me sternly for forgetting that I had almost the same
problem last week and figured it out myself.

Do have a question. Is it the 'html' code that has trouble reading the
file name with the embedded line feed? I ask that because on a linux
system, both 'gwenview' and 'display' read and displayed those images
without any problems.

In simple terms, technical language aside: four-sentence paragraphs used
as filenames are just plain silly.

Chris F.A. Johnson

Would like to thank everyone for reminding an old man to do his homework
before raising his hand and asking for help.

Also to chastise me sternly for forgetting that I had almost the same
problem last week and figured it out myself.

Do have a question. Is it the 'html' code that has trouble reading the
file name with the embedded line feed? I ask that because on a linux
system, both 'gwenview' and 'display' read and displayed those images
without any problems.

While any character except a slash and NUL (ASCII 0) are
permissible in a Unix file name, portability is not guaranteed
unless only characters in the Portable Filename Character Set
(letters, numbers, underscore, hyphen and dot) are used:

<http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/xbd_chap03.html#tag_03_276>

Jonathan N. Little

Dave said:
Would like to thank everyone for reminding an old man to do his homework
before raising his hand and asking for help.

Also to chastise me sternly for forgetting that I had almost the same
problem last week and figured it out myself.

Do have a question. Is it the 'html' code that has trouble reading the
file name with the embedded line feed? I ask that because on a linux
system, both 'gwenview' and 'display' read and displayed those images
without any problems.

Don't beat yourself up too much. Many Windoweans have been caught by
Windows' case-insensitivity and then upload to a *nix server and the
pictures|pages are missing!

But just a a practical level a paragraph seems a bit excessive for a
file name.

Neredbojias

Dave Kelly wrote:
Do have a question. Is it the 'html' code that has trouble reading the
file name with the embedded line feed? I ask that because on a linux
system, both 'gwenview' and 'display' read and displayed those images
without any problems.

It's the parser of the markup that counts.