IMAP, Gmail & reading the body of the message

Azalar ---

I have been collecting emails to my Gmail account for some time from a
mailing list that I read and I want to write a Ruby script to iterate
through these messages and give me back the data in the body of the
message which I will then parse for the information I am looking for.
All of the examples I have seen while Googling for this show you how to
get headers but none of the sites showed how to read the body of the
message.
All the messages
Could someone explain how I can read my GMail messages via Ruby and IMAP
please?