Implementing a given XML DTD in C with libxml2

Ale Vesely

Hi all,
I'd like to export data from an app using an existing XML format.
I'm fairly new to such kind of job. I found libxml2 and it looks
fairly powerful. However, the examples provided there use, say,
xmlTextWriterWriteElement to create an element without concern
for what DTD they are implementing.

What is the best practice for doing that job?

The xml file produced shouldn't need further validation.
So, I'd guess that the DTD has to be parsed before generating
the file. How is that currently being done?

TIA
Ale