implib for mingw

Pawel Stêpien

Sorry by my previous post.
How to create implib (.a) for mingw compiler (win2000) from exist, compiled
by borland - shared library (.dll). I need definition file (.def) for
dlltool program from mingw and then should create implib. But i can't create
correct def. file. I Try using pexport, implib, nm, objectdump programs
without result. Definition generated by pexport look's somthing like that:

@%BasicArray$c%@clazzInfo$qv
@%BasicArray$c%@clone$qp23acdk@lang@sys@Allocator

- and dlltool notify syntax error.
Pawe³ Stêpieñ

Josephine Schafer

Pawel Stêpien said:
Sorry by my previous post.
How to create implib (.a) for mingw compiler (win2000) from exist, compiled
by borland - shared library (.dll). I need definition file (.def) for
dlltool program from mingw and then should create implib. But i can't create
correct def. file. I Try using pexport, implib, nm, objectdump programs
without result. Definition generated by pexport look's somthing like that:

@%BasicArray$c%@clazzInfo$qv
@%BasicArray$c%@clone$qp23acdk@lang@sys@Allocator

- and dlltool notify syntax error.
Pawe³ Stêpieñ

Hey that's offtopic in this newsgroup.
We only discuss standard C++ in this NG.
Probably try some Microsoft NG at msnews.microsoft.com.

Tom

Pawel Stêpien said:
Sorry by my previous post.
How to create implib (.a) for mingw compiler (win2000) from exist, compiled
by borland - shared library (.dll). I need definition file (.def) for
dlltool program from mingw and then should create implib. But i can't create
correct def. file. I Try using pexport, implib, nm, objectdump programs
without result. Definition generated by pexport look's somthing like that:

@%BasicArray$c%@clazzInfo$qv
@%BasicArray$c%@clone$qp23acdk@lang@sys@Allocator

- and dlltool notify syntax error.
Pawe³ Stêpieñ

<OT/> Don't know if you can do this or not. But your best bet for
getting help on this question is to go to the minGW website
(www.mingw.org) and asking for help on the mailing list there. </OT>

Best regards,

Tom

Paul McKenzie

Pawel Stêpien said:
Sorry by my previous post.
How to create implib (.a) for mingw compiler (win2000) from exist, compiled
by borland - shared library (.dll). I need definition file (.def) for
dlltool program from mingw and then should create implib. But i can't create
correct def. file. I Try using pexport, implib, nm, objectdump programs
without result. Definition generated by pexport look's somthing like that:

@%BasicArray$c%@clazzInfo$qv
@%BasicArray$c%@clone$qp23acdk@lang@sys@Allocator

- and dlltool notify syntax error.
Pawe³ Stêpieñ

Since you are using Windows, learn to use LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress to call
your DLL functions instead of mucking around with implib, def files, and all
of that other junk.

Jerry Coffin

"Pawel Stêpien" <thwei_(no) said:
Sorry by my previous post.
How to create implib (.a) for mingw compiler (win2000) from exist, compiled
by borland - shared library (.dll). I need definition file (.def) for
dlltool program from mingw and then should create implib. But i can't create
correct def. file. I Try using pexport, implib, nm, objectdump programs
without result. Definition generated by pexport look's somthing like that:

Assuming you could make this work, it almost certainly would not do you
any good. The names you've given look like they're for member
functions, and the chances of Borland and gcc using compatible calling
conventions for member functions are nearly nil.

If you want to use a DLL across compilers, you'll want to use something
like the stdcall calling convention. If you want to create objects that
are accessible across compilers, you're probably looking at using COM
(which probably isn't worth the trouble).