Importing a Xilinx system generator design into a bigger system

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by boysr2003, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. boysr2003

    boysr2003

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Hi my name is Yassir Boukhriss, and i am currently using Xilinx
    System Generator. I generated the vhdl code for my system generator
    design and included the generated ngc file in my top level code
    directory. I instatiated my sys gen design in the top level code, and
    in the port map, i connected the inputs and outputs from the sysgen
    design to the appropriate inputs and outputs of the top level code.
    The instantiation and the port map are listed below. After i download
    the code into the board, and look at the output that is supposed to
    be driven by Sysgen, i get a constant, meaning that sysgen is not
    passing anything through. Has anyone tried something like that, or
    can anyone take a look at my code and tell me if i missing something.
    Thanks
    Yassir.

    component little_test_clk_wrapper port(
    ce: in std_logic :='1';
    ce_clr : in std_logic :='0';
    clk: in std_logic;
    gateway_in1: in std_logic_vector(31 downto 0);
    gateway_out1: out std_logic_vector(31 downto 0);
    gateway_out2: out std_logic_vector(31 downto 0));
    end component;

    attribute box_type of little_test_clk_wrapper: component is
    "black_box";
    attribute syn_black_box of little_test_clk_wrapper: component is
    true;
    signal ce: std_logic :='1';
    signal ce_clr: std_logic :='0';
    0);