Inprocess state on multi processor box

martin

Hi,

I am just about to deploy my production application on a win2k server with
two processors.

I have been reading that inprocess session state is not the best method for
multi processor systems (web garden)
because asp.net will spawn a single process for each processor.
I was a little perplexed by this because my dev box has two processors and I
can't recall an instance of me losing session state.

also if I am storing my session state inprocess and I make a change to
web.config in production (say tuen on tracing) then my application will
restart and reload all settings. does this mean I will lose my inprocess
session state or will this be retained and only lost in IIS is restarted.

many thanks in advance.

Alex.

Rajesh.V

Any change in webconfig or the app dll will cause the app to restart dumping
all session state. Use Sql Out of proc for state management if you dont
want to lose state.