Input - read file - return webpage

billy

All,

This is a bit hard to explain (and may be the reason I can't find an example
through google searching).

What I am looking for is a simple perl script that accepts input text, opens
a file on the server that is pipe delimitated and if that text matches
return a web page based on that match.

As in....

person enters: 123456

File on server has:
o2343r|twenty
123456|ten
234|eight
pally|two

So the script would display:

ten.html

ANY suggestions on where to look?

I would prefer a prewritten script I could hack and learn from but so far I
have spent 3 days searching and can't find anything close.

Thank you,

Billy

A. Sinan Unur

This is a bit hard to explain (and may be the reason I can't find an
example through google searching).

What I am looking for is a simple perl script that accepts input text,
opens a file on the server that is pipe delimitated and if that text

That is 'delimited'. However,
File on server has:
o2343r|twenty
123456|ten
234|eight
pally|two

That's 'pipe separated'.

Anyway, your problem is poorly described (for example, is this a script
that will run from the command line or is it CGI? Is the data file on the
same machine as the script is running on? etc etc) and it looks like you
have not made an attempt to solve it.
I would prefer a prewritten script I could hack and learn from but so
far I have spent 3 days searching and can't find anything close.

Please read the posting guidelines for this group to learn how you can
help others help you.