Insert Excel Header from ASP

creed1

I am currently working with an Active Server Page (ASP) that is set to
redirect its output to Excel using Response.ContentType =
"application/vnd.ms-excel". It works great, but I need to find a way to
insert a header and/or footer into the resulting worksheet. Does Excel
recognize any meta tags or CSS attributes that can be used to insert a header
or footer?

Mark J. McGinty

creed1 said:
I am currently working with an Active Server Page (ASP) that is set to
redirect its output to Excel using Response.ContentType =
"application/vnd.ms-excel". It works great, but I need to find a way to
insert a header and/or footer into the resulting worksheet. Does Excel
recognize any meta tags or CSS attributes that can be used to insert a
header
or footer?

What do you mean by 'header' and 'footer'? And what is the format of your
output?

Excel will accept HTML tables, and it will even respect some (but not all)
CSS; for instance, it respects styles text-align and color, but not width.

-Mark

creed1

By header and footer, I mean the header and footer that you can access from
the File, Page Setup menu in Excel.