installing modules

kilnhead

I am sure this has been asked a gazillion times, but here it is again.
When installing something like pyRTF, I extract the zip file to a
folder called pyRTFtemp, and then run "setup.py install" in that
folder. After that, can I get rid of the pyRTFtemp folder, or do I need
to keep it? This question applies to a lot of the modules I have
installed. Thanks.

Fredrik Lundh

kilnhead said:
I am sure this has been asked a gazillion times, but here it is again.
When installing something like pyRTF, I extract the zip file to a
folder called pyRTFtemp, and then run "setup.py install" in that
folder. After that, can I get rid of the pyRTFtemp folder

in general, yes. there may be useful documentation files and examples
left in the distribution directory, though; it's usually doesn't hurt to
check the README for additional information.

</F>