installing numpy: problems with lapack, blas etc

Ken Dere

I am trying to install numpy-0.9.8 prior to installing scipy (0.4.9) on a
machine running Suse 10.0 with Python 2.4

I am able to get numpy installed to the point when I import it I can do the
following:

numpy.show_config()
atlas_threads_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

blas_opt_info:
libraries = ['f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
library_dirs = ['/usr/lib/atlas']
define_macros = [('ATLAS_INFO', '"\\"3.6.0\\""')]
language = c

atlas_blas_threads_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

lapack_opt_info:
libraries = ['lapack', 'f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
library_dirs = ['/usr/lib/atlas']
define_macros = [('ATLAS_INFO', '"\\"3.6.0\\""')]
language = c

atlas_info:
libraries = ['lapack', 'f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
library_dirs = ['/usr/lib/atlas']
language = c

lapack_mkl_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

blas_mkl_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_info:
libraries = ['f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
library_dirs = ['/usr/lib/atlas']
language = c

mkl_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

It is clear that I have much but not all that is needed. I have already
downloaded lapack and compiled the blas and lapack libraries and put them
in /usr/lib/atlas and defined BLAS and LAPACK so I am not sure what I have
missed.

Thanks

Ken D.

Robert Kern

Ken said:
I am trying to install numpy-0.9.8 prior to installing scipy (0.4.9) on a
machine running Suse 10.0 with Python 2.4

Please join us on the numpy mailing list.

http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

However, you should know now that Suse ships an incomplete ATLAS-optimized
LAPACK library, and you will have to do some extra steps to get one that works.
See this thread:

http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2006-July/008681.html

--
Robert Kern