installing numpy: problems with lapack, blas etc

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ken Dere, Jul 24, 2006.

  1. Ken Dere

    Ken Dere Guest

    I am trying to install numpy-0.9.8 prior to installing scipy (0.4.9) on a
    machine running Suse 10.0 with Python 2.4

    I am able to get numpy installed to the point when I import it I can do the
    following:

    numpy.show_config()
    atlas_threads_info:
    NOT AVAILABLE

    blas_opt_info:
    libraries = ['f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib/atlas']
    define_macros = [('ATLAS_INFO', '"\\"3.6.0\\""')]
    language = c

    atlas_blas_threads_info:
    NOT AVAILABLE

    lapack_opt_info:
    libraries = ['lapack', 'f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib/atlas']
    define_macros = [('ATLAS_INFO', '"\\"3.6.0\\""')]
    language = c

    atlas_info:
    libraries = ['lapack', 'f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib/atlas']
    language = c

    lapack_mkl_info:
    NOT AVAILABLE

    blas_mkl_info:
    NOT AVAILABLE

    atlas_blas_info:
    libraries = ['f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib/atlas']
    language = c

    mkl_info:
    NOT AVAILABLE

    It is clear that I have much but not all that is needed. I have already
    downloaded lapack and compiled the blas and lapack libraries and put them
    in /usr/lib/atlas and defined BLAS and LAPACK so I am not sure what I have
    missed.

    Thanks

    Ken D.
    Ken Dere, Jul 24, 2006

  2. Ken Dere

    Robert Kern Guest

    Ken Dere wrote:
    > I am trying to install numpy-0.9.8 prior to installing scipy (0.4.9) on a
    > machine running Suse 10.0 with Python 2.4

    Please join us on the numpy mailing list.

    http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

    However, you should know now that Suse ships an incomplete ATLAS-optimized
    LAPACK library, and you will have to do some extra steps to get one that works.
    See this thread:

    http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2006-July/008681.html

    --
    Robert Kern