Instiki problem

Paul Bernays

Hi all,

Fledgling ruby scholar & instiki user here. I discovered a problem in a
brand new Instiki/ruby install on a freshly baked gentoo box today. I
can only start Instiki if I run the "instiki" command from the
installation directory. Running "ruby instiki" or attempting to start
outside of the directory results in an error message about madeleine not
being found. Adding "require 'rubygems'" at the head of the script
solved that, and all required rubygems were found, but this of course
leads to other breakage (<br> tags don't get inserted in place of
newlines, for example), so I'm back to square one.

How can I get Instiki to start without needing to be in the installation
directory?

Paul Bernays

How can I get Instiki to start without needing to be in the installation
directory?

Okay, it's a problem with me not understanding how applications packaged
as gems work. Moved the libraries from the non-gem download into the gem
install directory and it now works as expected.