Intellisense for the children of a Complex Property

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Adam Tibi, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. Adam Tibi

    Adam Tibi Guest

    Hi,

    I am busing a web custom control with Visual Studio 2005 and I have a
    property called :
    [Category("Controls")]
    [DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content)]
    [NotifyParentProperty(true)]
    [PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.InnerProperty)]
    public DropDownList DropDown {
    get {
    EnsureChildControls();
    return _dropDown;

    The problem is in the intellisense of the XML/XHTML (Source) designer . The
    intellisense is showing the DropDown tag but it doesn't show any thing when
    I try to explore the childrens of this tag. This works as expected and show
    "DropDown" as an option:

    <abc:MyControl id="test" runat="server">

    <DropDown>

    <DropDown>

    </abc:MyControl>

    But when I try to write any thing inside the DropDown tag, I get no
    intellisense and it is expected to show "asp:ListItem" children tags and
    when I write them I get a red underline, however, the ListItems that I add
    executes fine at run time.

    How can I tell the Intellisense to show the children or the DropDown tag? Am
    I missing any attribute to do so?

    Thanks for your help in advance.

    Adam Tibi
    Your Insurance Group