Interaction between 2 different web browsers

john

How can I do the following? When the user clicks on a certain button,
I will open up another web browser, which will act like a dialog box
for the first browser. When the user clicks OK in the second browser,
it will close and cause the first browser to do a refresh. I want to
pass some info from the first browser to the second one, but I don't
want to pass it in the URL for security reasons.

Thanks in advance,
John

Bin Song

Hi,
1. In click event of the buttion to open the new window.
window.open()
or window.showModalDialog()
or window.showModelessDialog()
2. Use Session variables to pass info to the new window.
or access from javascript if the info is defined in script
in the first window.
window.opener.document.all.myVar
3. In onunload event of the seconde window to refresh the
first window.
window.opener.navigate(window.opener.location)

Bin Song, MCP

Chris Jackson

If both pages are on the same site, you can pass information using a session
variable. It will require a round trip to the server, however, so instead of
having a straight javascript function, you'd need to post back and then
write out the window.open script in the returned page.