    colors looks fine. But if i use created rpt file in web application
    and generate html report chart uses different colors. What a problem?

    , Jul 6, 2007

    On Jul 6, 2:59 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I use Crystal Reports XI. I have a report containing bar chart,
    > which is to be interfaced with java.With Chart expert i defined colors
    > for each type of data in the chart. When i preview my report chart
    > colors looks fine. But if i use created rpt file in web application
    > and generate html report chart uses different colors. What a problem?

    Can anyone please state how to set colors of the report using java
    code(jsp)?

    Thanks in advance.

    , Jul 6, 2007

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:59:58 -0700, ""
    who said :

    >But if i use created rpt file in web application
    >and generate html report chart uses different colors.

    Have at look at the generated html to see if the colour numbers are
    what you asked for. If they are, the problem is with the browser
    using only a subset of the colours, perhaps the websafe colours.

    If that turns out to be the case, check your OS to make sure you have
    configured a full palette of colours for your display driver and in
    your browser.

    If it turns out NOT to be the case, look for some sort of Crystal
    Reports option to use only "websafe" colours in the web version of the
    report, and turn it off.

    One odd sort of solution is to stick to websafe colours in your
    report. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/netscapewebsafe.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Jul 6, 2007
  4. Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 03:03:06 -0700, ""
    who said :

    >Can anyone please state how to set colors of the report using java
    >code(jsp)?

    That is a Crystal Reports problem, not a Java problem. Is there a
    Crystal Reports newsgroup or forum where you might have better odds of
    getting an answer?

    Roedy Green, Jul 6, 2007