Intermediate to advanced dhtml/javascript tutorials

mr_burns

Hi,

Currently, I have a reasonably basic understanding of javascript and
DHTML. When I do a search on javascript for tutorials, I mostly get
links returned for beginner sites. For example, explaining javascript
and client side programming etc.

The kind of stuff I would like to learn more about is the DOM model,
accessing CSS attributes with javascript, XML (mozilla and IE), layers
(especially layers such as drop down menus and scroll boxes) etc.

I am a person who prefers to be able to create the code myself and
fully customise it rather than download someone elses code and use it
(although I think that is a good thing that online code snippets are
available). Basically the more code I write myself the better. Can
anybody recommend a site or sites that I could have a look at? Cheers

Burnsy

Robert

Hi,

Currently, I have a reasonably basic understanding of javascript and
DHTML. When I do a search on javascript for tutorials, I mostly get
links returned for beginner sites. For example, explaining javascript
and client side programming etc.

Spend a little money and get:

JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, 4th Edition By David Flanagan
ISBN:0-596-00048-0

Robert