Intermittant Session variable in IIS 6.0

Nick Jushchyshyn

Having a really strange issue with IIS 6 where the session variable does not
stay consistant. The first symptom was that database connections (which use a
user entered name/PW stored in the Session) in ASP pages were failing.

Finally got to (what I think is) the root issue by creating two ASP pages,
one that sets Session("test") = "Hello", and the other simply displays "Test
word: .." and the content of Session("test"). After visiting the page that
sets the variable, going to the display page shows "Test word: Hello", but
THEN reapeated refresh cycles show the "Hello" appearing and disappearing
over and over. This intermittant behavior happens regarless of if the client
is on the local network, out on the net or even on the IIS server itself.

This is a new server running Server2000 and IIS 6, migrating working ASP
code from IIS 5.
Connection timeout is set to 14,400
Recyle worker processes has been turned off to no effect.

It really seems strange that the variable "appears" and "disappears"
repeatedly over multiple refreshes.

Any thoughts ??
Thanks in advance.
- Nick