Intragistics or Telerik?

YFNSR

We are a small two man programming firm and are getting ready to purchase
some ASP.NET Ajax controls. We are looking for recommendations for going
with either Intragistics or Telerik.

If you have any experience with these we would welcome your feedback.

We are looking for the best value and the easy of use. It would also be
nice if we could install the package (using once license per developer) on a
work desktop, home desktop, and laptop without having to purchase multiple
copies as they are all used by the same developer.

Thanks for you help!

tina

We are a small two man programming firm and are getting ready to purchase
some ASP.NET Ajax controls.  We are looking for recommendations for going
with either Intragistics or Telerik.

If you have any experience with these we would welcome your feedback.

We are looking for the best value and the easy of use.  It would also be
nice if we could install the package (using once license per developer) on a
work desktop, home desktop, and laptop without having to purchase multiple
copies as they are all used by the same developer.

Thanks for you help!

Hello. We have used both controls and settled on Telerik. Both have
advantages but Telerik gave what we felt was easier faster development
in Ajax. However, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Eliyahu Goldin

AFAIK Telerik license allows installing in multiple locations.

I don't know much about Intragistics. I have extensive experience with
Telerik and it is very positive. They have fantastic support.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I have played with Infragistics, Telerik, Component Art, and Dev Express.
Each has its strong and weak points.

I cannot state which is better for you. All of the packages are fairly easy
to use. One gotcha I have found is the lack of ability to use security
mappings in a web.sitemap file. Some of the controls do not even work with
web.sitemap at all, but that is rare. When they do not allow security
mapping, most have their own proprietary file format. I have notes somewhere
on which does what.

If that is not an issue for you, I would look at what type of controls you
want and see which is more flexible for your desires. If both, go for the
cheapest. :)

da

If you have any experience with these we would welcome your feedback.

We've found infragistics to use copius amounts of complex and bloated
javascript.

-Darrel

sloan

I'll throw a Telerik vote out there.

I used Infragistics with Winforms, but not Web.

Telerik I've used with Web.

I like the support with Telerik better. (While the web/winforms code might
be different, finding support is a more apples to apples argument I think)

The controls are nice, and the one time a "demo" wasn't available for what I
needed, I explained what I needed, and 1 day later, they sent me source code
demo for it.
That was very nice. Like I said, most times the demo's are good enough, but
when you need support, its nice to know its there.