    work desktop, home desktop, and laptop without having to purchase multiple
    copies as they are all used by the same developer.

    Thanks for you help!

    YFNSR, Oct 1, 2008

  2. YFNSR

    Guest

    On Oct 1, 11:27 am, "YFNSR" <> wrote:
    > We are a small two man programming firm and are getting ready to purchase
    > some ASP.NET Ajax controls.  We are looking for recommendations for going
    > with either Intragistics or Telerik.
    >
    > If you have any experience with these we would welcome your feedback.
    >
    > We are looking for the best value and the easy of use.  It would also be
    > nice if we could install the package (using once license per developer) on a
    > work desktop, home desktop, and laptop without having to purchase multiple
    > copies as they are all used by the same developer.
    >
    > Thanks for you help!

    Hello. We have used both controls and settled on Telerik. Both have
    advantages but Telerik gave what we felt was easier faster development
    in Ajax. However, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

    , Oct 1, 2008

  3. Infragistics or Telerik?

    That's an easy choice: DevExpress (http://www.devexpress.com)

    :)

    Brian Simmons, Oct 1, 2008
  4. AFAIK Telerik license allows installing in multiple locations.

    I don't know much about Intragistics. I have extensive experience with
    Telerik and it is very positive. They have fantastic support.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, Oct 2, 2008
  5. I have played with Infragistics, Telerik, Component Art, and Dev Express.
    Each has its strong and weak points.

    I cannot state which is better for you. All of the packages are fairly easy
    to use. One gotcha I have found is the lack of ability to use security
    mappings in a web.sitemap file. Some of the controls do not even work with
    web.sitemap at all, but that is rare. When they do not allow security
    mapping, most have their own proprietary file format. I have notes somewhere
    on which does what.

    If that is not an issue for you, I would look at what type of controls you
    want and see which is more flexible for your desires. If both, go for the
    cheapest. :)

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 2, 2008
  6. YFNSR

    da Guest

    > If you have any experience with these we would welcome your feedback.

    We've found infragistics to use copius amounts of complex and bloated
    javascript.

    -Darrel

    da, Oct 15, 2008
  7. YFNSR

    sloan Guest

    I'll throw a Telerik vote out there.

    I used Infragistics with Winforms, but not Web.

    Telerik I've used with Web.

    I like the support with Telerik better. (While the web/winforms code might
    be different, finding support is a more apples to apples argument I think)

    The controls are nice, and the one time a "demo" wasn't available for what I
    needed, I explained what I needed, and 1 day later, they sent me source code
    demo for it.
    That was very nice. Like I said, most times the demo's are good enough, but
    when you need support, its nice to know its there.

    sloan, Oct 21, 2008