IRC Client

John Wright

I was trying to write a home grown chat server with vb.net and asp.net and
did not want to use a database, array or global var to hold the messages.
So after some research, I believe IRC will be best for me. I am going to
set up an IRC server on my network and want to connect to it via a webpage
or a downloadable vb.net client (similar to windows messenger). We don't
want to use windows messenger just a light weight client that will allow for
clients to chat. Plus I am trying to learn how to program for IRC. Does
anyone have resources for this. I found one in C# that was okay but there
was little documentation. Any help is appreciated.

John