Is ASP.NET only for SQL Server Users?

Wannano

Does anyone know a simple way to configure Oracle as the datastore for the
Session State of an ASP.NET application? Not all the Oracle users works with
Java or PHP and not all ASP.NET developers work with SQL Server.

Marc Biotteau

Dan Gartner

Does anyone know a simple way to configure Oracle as the datastore for the
Session State of an ASP.NET application? Not all the Oracle users works with
Java or PHP and not all ASP.NET developers work with SQL Server.

Marc Biotteau

Marc,

Check out the Oracle Data Provider (ODP.Net)

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html

These are tools released by Oracle, and they are optimized for their
database. You would then have to implement your own session state
store provider. For more info on that, check out

Hope this helps,
-Dan

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You already have advice on connecting to Oracle, so I will not rehash that.

For Session State? I would imagine you would have to roll your own. Have not
checked if there is an easy provider model for that. I would look at the
classes in the framework that deal with session state and see if there is a
way to inherit. You can then reverse engineer the SQL Server stuff and alter
it to use ODP.NET or OracleClient.