IS there a GUI for RubyGems?

TLOlczyk

Seen to have seen one called something like RubyGems Manager on one of
the sites describing it.

The reply-to email address is (e-mail address removed).
This is an address I ignore.
To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
interaccess,

**
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD

There is a difference between
*thinking* you know something,
and *knowing* you know something.

Brian Takita

------=_Part_1836_28043764.1123650776403

Arachno-Ruby has a GUI Gems manager.
I really like it.

=20
Seen to have seen one called something like RubyGems Manager on one of
the sites describing it.
=20
=20
The reply-to email address is (e-mail address removed).
This is an address I ignore.
To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
interaccess,
=20
**
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD
=20
There is a difference between
*thinking* you know something,
and *knowing* you know something.
=20

------=_Part_1836_28043764.1123650776403--

Chad Fowler

Seen to have seen one called something like RubyGems Manager on one of
the sites describing it.
=20
=20

Paul Duncan created one for Linux called gemini
(http://www.pablotron.org/?cid=3D1393), but he never did a full release.

There is (in addition to Arachno) another Windows one floating around
in existence somewhere (Rich?) that was never released.

So, the short answer is: Arachno.

The reply-to email address is (e-mail address removed).
This is an address I ignore.
To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
interaccess,
=20
**
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD
=20
There is a difference between
*thinking* you know something,
and *knowing* you know something.
=20
=20

--=20
Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com
http://rubycentral.org=20
http://rubygarden.org=20
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org (over 700,000 gems served!)

tony summerfelt

Chad Fowler wrote on 8/10/2005 7:44 AM:
So, the short answer is: Arachno.

it's the long answer too.

arachno ruby has saved me so much time i wish i'd registered it a year
ago. i think anybody serious about their ruby work needs to take a
look at it... i'm still a novice at ruby, but arachno is going to be
there with it's features when i've gained a lot more code experience.

it's at v0.6.1 right now and it's just going to get better.

no, i have no affiliation with it, but i appreciate a good tool when i
see it.

Lothar Scholz

Hello Chad,

CF> Paul Duncan created one for Linux called gemini
CF> (http://www.pablotron.org/?cid=1393), but he never did a full release.

CF> There is (in addition to Arachno) another Windows one floating around
CF> in existence somewhere (Rich?) that was never released.

CF> So, the short answer is: Arachno.

RubySlippers at http://freshmeat.net/projects/rubyslippers/

was (is ?) one of the open source attempts to generate a frontend.
This was the only one i found when writing the Arachno Frontend.

Chad Fowler

Hello Chad,
=20
CF> Paul Duncan created one for Linux called gemini
CF> (http://www.pablotron.org/?cid=3D1393), but he never did a full relea= se.
=20
CF> There is (in addition to Arachno) another Windows one floating around
CF> in existence somewhere (Rich?) that was never released.
=20
CF> So, the short answer is: Arachno.
=20
RubySlippers at http://freshmeat.net/projects/rubyslippers/
=20
was (is ?) one of the open source attempts to generate a frontend.
This was the only one i found when writing the Arachno Frontend.
=20
=20

Aah, yes. Thanks for pointing that out and my apologies to the author of=
=20
Ruby Slippers for neglecting to list it, since it's the most complete
open source
Gems front end. My mistake!

--=20
Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com
http://rubycentral.org=20
http://rubygarden.org=20
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org (over 700,000 gems served!)

Rob .

Look's like a Gems interface is the next feature I should add to the
open-source jEdit Ruby Editor Plugin (http://www.jedit.org/ruby/).

I've been working on adding the ability to import arbitrary RDoc into
the plugin to be displayed in the RDoc viewer and to be used for
method completion. A Gems interface would probably make a nice
complement to this. At the moment the plugin's RDoc viewer and
type-based code completion supports just the core Ruby types.

I may be revealing the implementation secrets behind the jEdit Ruby
plugin in a presentation at Euruko05 in October
(http://www.approximity.com/cgi-bin/europeRuby/tiki.cgi?Euruko05).

Cheers,
Rob