    user-friendly (compare to Access).
    If what i'm talking about do not exist, can you share us a way to reach
    such state of working with xml db?
    neb, Dec 14, 2006

  2. IBM has added a lot more XML support in its most recent version of DB2,
    including a new data model specifically for XML. I believe they've
    included XQuery support for that. The media have been saying that this
    breakthrough might have actually justified calling the new server DB3,
    rather than just DB2 version 9.

    There's a no-charge version available for download ("DB2 Express-C")
    which supports C, C++, Java, .Net, and PHP among others. You'll find a
    link to it from IBM's XML DeveloperWorks website (http://www.ibm.com/xml)

    (Statement of bias: I'm an IBMer.)
    Joseph Kesselman, Dec 14, 2006

  3. neb

    neb Guest

    Thanks Joseph,
    This product seems to be what i'm looking for.
    A real xml DBMS, with in bonus the ability to handle relational data.
    GUI is friendly and there is also an xquery designer.
    Thanks again for the hint.
    neb, Dec 14, 2006
  4. neb

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Joseph Kesselman wrote:
    > IBM has added a lot more XML support in its most recent version of DB2,
    > including a new data model specifically for XML. I believe they've
    > included XQuery support for that. The media have been saying that this
    > breakthrough might have actually justified calling the new server DB3,
    > rather than just DB2 version 9.
    >
    > There's a no-charge version available for download ("DB2 Express-C")
    > which supports C, C++, Java, .Net, and PHP among others. You'll find a
    > link to it from IBM's XML DeveloperWorks website (http://www.ibm.com/xml)

    Does it come with a web-accessable front-end, or it is just an API?

    > (Statement of bias: I'm an IBMer.)

    No problem: it's considered perfectly acceptable in polite society
    nowadays :)

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Dec 14, 2006
  5. neb

    neb Guest

    Can't point out exactly where, and i'm no expert at what you are
    talking about.
    But IBM wanted the product to be bullet proof, and the press claim it
    too.
    This feature is probably include.
    neb, Dec 14, 2006