Querying huge Xml Documents in a user friendly way

Hakan Akkas

Hello all,

I need to build a search engine wherewith users can query huge Xml
Documents (+/- 100 MB) in a user friendly way. The searcher shouldn't
be aware of the underlying structure of the Xml Document. Furthermore,
he doesn't have to know anything about Xml, neither of path
expressions. The Xml data is semistructured and data-centric. The data
remains in a Native Xml Database.

Do you have any experience on this subject? Any information is
welcome. Even if it is just a thought. I'd be glad if someone would
advice me some articles or tools that could give me an idea.

Gr,

Hakan

Joris Gillis

I need to build a search engine wherewith users can query huge Xml
Documents (+/- 100 MB) in a user friendly way. The searcher shouldn't
be aware of the underlying structure of the Xml Document. Furthermore,
he doesn't have to know anything about Xml, neither of path
expressions. The Xml data is semistructured and data-centric. The data
remains in a Native Xml Database.

Do you have any experience on this subject? Any information is
welcome. Even if it is just a thought. I'd be glad if someone would
advice me some articles or tools that could give me an idea.
Hi,

I'm sorry, I have no experience with XML querying, but I do have a question for you.

Why should the searcher be kept ignorant? May he not know that the database is in xml? I always like to see xml being used in places were I don't expect it:)

regards,