Is there a way to have MDI in Eclipse?

Henry Cate

I just recently switched IDEs. I went from Visual
Cafe to Eclipse. One of the features I used often in Visual
Cafe was having several java files open at the same time. I
am use to the MDI interface.
It looks like Eclipse provides similar functionality
via the ability to have tiled windows, but is there a way to
have the Multi Document Interface in Eclipse?

Also, where is a good place to go for more information
on Eclipse?

Thanks.

IchBin

Henry said:
I just recently switched IDEs. I went from Visual
Cafe to Eclipse. One of the features I used often in Visual
Cafe was having several java files open at the same time. I
am use to the MDI interface.
It looks like Eclipse provides similar functionality
via the ability to have tiled windows, but is there a way to
have the Multi Document Interface in Eclipse?

Also, where is a good place to go for more information
on Eclipse?

Thanks.

Not that I know of.. For information:

- Naturally the articles on the Eclipse website.
- Eclipse Wiki website http://wiki.eclipse.org
- The Menu Help\Help Contents
- The Menu Help\Dynamic Help
- The Menu Help\cheat sheets

Thanks in Advance...

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Patricia Shanahan

Henry said:
I just recently switched IDEs. I went from Visual
Cafe to Eclipse. One of the features I used often in Visual
Cafe was having several java files open at the same time. I
am use to the MDI interface.
It looks like Eclipse provides similar functionality
via the ability to have tiled windows, but is there a way to
have the Multi Document Interface in Eclipse?

In addition to tiling, you can use the "Window" menu to open a new
window. Select the file you want to view in it, then maximize the file's
editor sub-window.

Patricia