Is there an OO way to access all the profiles/membership info

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?V2FycmVuIFNpcm90YQ==?=, Dec 23, 2006.

  1. I have an e-newletter that I send out. I want to develop a myWSDesigns page
    that includes a preference for whether someone is a subscriber or not. I've
    actually developed the page successfully, using both the membership controls
    and the Profile object with a Subscribe property. Everything seems to persist
    the way it should.

    So, now my question is, what do I do when it's time to send out the
    newsletter? I can see how I could write a join of the aspnet_Membership table
    and aspnet_Profile table to extract the email address from the former and the
    Subscribe status from the latter, and then loop through a data reader based
    on that. But I'm wondering if that's the best way to do that, or if there's
    some more OO method based on the Membership and Personalization frameworks
    that allows me to loop through some sort of Profiles collection (which
    probably exists, but I can't seem to find) or a Members collection to extract
    this data. You know, something like:

    foreach (Member m in Members)
    if (m.Profile.Subscribe)
    sendNewsletterTo(m.email)

    Am I dreaming, or just missing something?

    Thanks for any help you can offer.

    --
    Warren Sirota
    www.wsdesigns.com

    =?Utf-8?B?V2FycmVuIFNpcm90YQ==?=, Dec 23, 2006